Bad
Good

It's my first experience at Hoover. Just got through the first trimester, straight As! My son's s teachers seem okay, only really met them once, one parent teacher night. Mrs Tocco, the principal, seems very involved and responds quickly to questions. So far, no issues!

McDowell is a wonderful and safe environment for my children to learn. Both of my children have been attending since Kindergarten. We have to move next year and I am seriously considering driving the 45 minutes everyday to keep them there. The school is small and intimate with all the services of a large school. I love most of all the teachers we've had: Ms. Doll, Ms. Bochenek, Ms. Park, Ms. Fargo, Mr. Hamilton and Ms. Reed! Ms. Dollarhite is always ready to Answer your question when you call!

I am interesting knowing more about this school, I have an 8 year son in the 3rd grade and an 7 year old girl in the 2nd grade . please send me information regarding the enrollment date. Thank you

I love this school and I'm not just saying that. My son has been attending since 1st grade, he is now in 2nd grade. I agree that the principal is the best. He really cares about the children. The teachers are great too!!! I love Ms. Osborne (my sons 2nd grade teacher) she really understands. My son will continue his education here until he graduates from elementary!!!

I love this School so much! My son has been going here since he first started school and I must say it really is a wonderful school. We moved to a different district and the results were horrible. I now drive my son to Mcdowell every morning from a different district because this School has done so many wonderful things to help him

My Boys have been going here since 1st Grade, 1 is now in 6th and moved on and the other is going into 3rd, and they have been wonderful, Mr. Kunzi is a great principle!

My children have been in this school since my son started school. He is in 3 rd grade now. Ms.Doll is the best I have ever seen both of my children has had her. She is the most understanding person besides Ms. King that I have ran acrossed.

My children has been to more then one school in Taylor due to our housing situation I think this has been the best one of all.

Last modified Bernice Mcdowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.