Bad
Good

Been an active parent here for 2years. The kids here are great! Teachers are good. One of the best principals in the district.

In the past truman had the bad reputation for staff choosing favorites,being filthy, and the school being run by bullies. But now the school has really tried it's hardest to refresh this school. The people at truman are mostly nice and friendly. Most students will tell you teachers here care about the success of students, the community, and the school. Overall Truman has really brought itself back.

This school have alot to afford. I love this School and the stafd is great.

Horrible School!!! Inkster is now RUNNING this school!! We already had enough problems in this district.. Both of my kids are getting pulled out of Taylor... I have been dealing with the bullying issues and the rude teacher issues for long enough.. Hopefully no one shows up for there student count day!! This district doesnt deserve a penny!!!

I am a current Freshman at Truman High School. It isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, it isn't the greatest school, but it isn't horrible. It isn't the madhouse school portrayed by most media today. There isn't really much of a bullying problem, and even the one's there are just a minor "Hey you're stupid" type deal. Most people just mind their own business and move along to their next class. We have improved greatly over the years. I think it's finally time we deserve some recognition. So let's all give one cougar roar for my school, HST!

This school is absolutely terrible. The teachers are just as disrespectful as their students. The building itself is filthy, and constantly smells terrible. The school is constantly calling home to report my absence, yet I'm sitting in the same seat I sit in every day which happens to be my assigned seat. Almost none of the teachers discipline the obnoxious students who hold up the class with talking, or other acts of stupidity. I don't know why my parents continue to pay taxes for this "school".

This school isn't a great school, but I can say if your going on to collage, in this High school honors classes will probably be the only way your really going to learn anything. Some teachers are very expirenced and will help you on any your work (honors and accelerated teachers). Things to know: This school is rowdy Band Program is the BEST from what I've seen Basketball team's record is usually pretty good

This school is HORRIBLE!!! They allow certain kids to Pick on and Bully other kids who have Disabilities and then suspend the kid that DEFENDS the one who has a handicap. The principal is NO help whatsoever nor most of the staff there except for One Counsellor. There are FIGHTS daily. Security are worthless. DO NOT SEND YOUR KID HERE!!!! Your KId will NOT learn nothing here. Better off in DETROIT!

Its not totally a schools fault for their kids grades. Our kids go to truman and they look forward to school everyday. We support them in their interests and if their having a problem with a class we get involved right away by going to teacher to find out what is needed to help them. We think HST is a great high school.

I have received 4 phone calls from the school. The 1st was regarding my 9th grade daughter being absent from school. I don't have a daughter let alone one that attends this school. I went to the school & talked to the principal & a secretary who told me there was nothing they could do, it was all handled by the Board Office. I called the Board Office & was told it was handled at the school. Yeah pass the buck. I would like to talk to this 9th grade girl's mother bet she wouldn't be very happy either.

Last modified Truman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.