Taylor, MI
Students enrolled: 1,141

Truman High School 5

Posted September 11, 2013
This school have alot to afford. I love this School and the stafd is great.

Posted September 04, 2013
Horrible School!!! Inkster is now RUNNING this school!! We already had enough problems in this district.. Both of my kids are getting pulled out of Taylor... I have been dealing with the bullying issues and the rude teacher issues for long enough.. Hopefully no one shows up for there student count day!! This district doesnt deserve a penny!!!

Truman High School 4

Posted May 03, 2013
I am a current Freshman at Truman High School. It isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, it isn't the greatest school, but it isn't horrible. It isn't the madhouse school portrayed by most media today. There isn't really much of a bullying problem, and even the one's there are just a minor "Hey you're stupid" type deal. Most people just mind their own business and move along to their next class. We have improved greatly over the years. I think it's finally time we deserve some recognition. So let's all give one cougar roar for my school, HST!

Posted September 18, 2012
This school is absolutely terrible. The teachers are just as disrespectful as their students. The building itself is filthy, and constantly smells terrible. The school is constantly calling home to report my absence, yet I'm sitting in the same seat I sit in every day which happens to be my assigned seat. Almost none of the teachers discipline the obnoxious students who hold up the class with talking, or other acts of stupidity. I don't know why my parents continue to pay taxes for this "school".

Truman High School 2

Posted March 17, 2012
This school isn't a great school, but I can say if your going on to collage, in this High school honors classes will probably be the only way your really going to learn anything. Some teachers are very expirenced and will help you on any your work (honors and accelerated teachers). Things to know: This school is rowdy Band Program is the BEST from what I've seen Basketball team's record is usually pretty good

Posted March 07, 2012
This school is HORRIBLE!!! They allow certain kids to Pick on and Bully other kids who have Disabilities and then suspend the kid that DEFENDS the one who has a handicap. The principal is NO help whatsoever nor most of the staff there except for One Counsellor. There are FIGHTS daily. Security are worthless. DO NOT SEND YOUR KID HERE!!!! Your KId will NOT learn nothing here. Better off in DETROIT!

Truman High School 5

Posted March 06, 2012
Its not totally a schools fault for their kids grades. Our kids go to truman and they look forward to school everyday. We support them in their interests and if their having a problem with a class we get involved right away by going to teacher to find out what is needed to help them. We think HST is a great high school.

Posted January 22, 2012
I have received 4 phone calls from the school. The 1st was regarding my 9th grade daughter being absent from school. I don't have a daughter let alone one that attends this school. I went to the school & talked to the principal & a secretary who told me there was nothing they could do, it was all handled by the Board Office. I called the Board Office & was told it was handled at the school. Yeah pass the buck. I would like to talk to this 9th grade girl's mother bet she wouldn't be very happy either.

Posted July 09, 2011
I graduated from Truman myself many years ago. I thought that sending my own child there would be ok. Boy, was I wrong. Not only are some of the kids essentially running this school, but the faculty is terrible, starting with the assistant principal and down. They have helped to suck the life out of my child, and basically crush her dreams. Faculty does have their favorites. My own child needed help in math and the teacher wouldn't help and we couldn't find anyone to tutor her either. Its been one disappointment after another. I am looking for alternate schools for my younger child. This whole experience was a huge letdown for my entire family.

Posted January 24, 2011
This school is VERY unfair towards certain students. One of the assistant principals of this school picks out favorites, and that's wrong. Truman is "ghetto" and full of rowdy kids. The teachers don't care about the students. It's just not fair. Kids should not come into this school. It's dirty, and the staff is rude. "you have to give respect to get it." Is what I always say, and the people at Harry S. Truman does not respect ANYONE.

Truman High School
11211 South Beech Daly Road, Taylor, MI  48180
Last modified Truman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Truman High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top