PK-2, 4-5, 7-8|Private

Posted March 20, 2013
St. John's closed its K-8 several years ago and should not be on this rating

St. John's Lutheran School 1

Posted August 31, 2011
My daughter went to this school from K - 3. I took her out of this school in the middle of her 3rd grade year after finding out that the teacher wasn't even informed about the students academics. She was relying on her aid that helped her in her class. The aid was a volunteer mother who offered her time and the class only had about 13 students in it. No I really dont like this school anymore, academics here are really low and the headmaster just makes excuses for his teachers.

Posted October 14, 2009
My son came into this school at 6th grade. He was a classic couch potato, but his teachers and classmates urged him to participate in sports, so he was able to participate all year round in stuff he would not have in another (bigger) school.

Posted October 23, 2005
My children have attended this school from kindergarten and are now out and into the public school. Because of the closer contact of teacher to student ratio I think they have had the advantage over children in classes of 25 to 30. They are now in the top 10% of their high school class and are well on their way to a great future. In one of my first teacher conferences the comment from one of their teachers was the fact that when she went to the board to write down facts my child picked up her pen and began to write. She was impressed that my child knew without being told that this information being written was important to write down. These small details are not lost at our small lutheran school. The teahers care about the academic needs of my children

St. John's Lutheran School 4

Posted October 23, 2005
When my daughter began second grade she started having seizures. It was a horrible process of finding the right medication for her. Some made her hyper and some put her to sleep. Her teacher was super. Through constant contact with me he helped us through a difficult time. When the medication would make her sleepy he would let her crawl up in his reading chair and sleep. Because he knew she was falling behind in class he had us come to school an hour early every morning and he tutored her to keep her up with the rest of the class. He did this for three months. I cannot begin to thank that teacher for what he did for my daughter. I don't know if another school would have been as wonderful about the support I got during this period in my daughter's life.

St. John's Lutheran School
13115 Telegraph Rd, Taylor, MI  48180
(734) 287-2080
Last modified St. John's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-2, 4-5, 7-8