Posted May 10, 2014
I have been EXTREMELY satisfied with my daughter's experience at Trillium. The elementary students get SIX specials classes every week... PE, art, music, drama, world languages, and technology. Also, starting in 3rd grade, they have the opportunity to join orchestra. Because the school is so small, my daughter still sees her previous teachers in the hall, and can even stop by to say "hi" after school if she wants. She has attended Trillium since Kindergarten, and I believe the family-like environment will give her more meaningful memories of her formative years.

Trillium Academy 2

Posted April 21, 2014
I have never happened upon a school with such a high teacher turn over rate. I have heard, on more than one occasion and from more than one source, that over 100 staff members (mostly teachers) have left or been fired since the school's inception just over 10 yrs ago. Furthermore, what kind of school doesn't have a functioning library? Trillium does not, nor has it ever had, a library from which students can check out books. The parking lot is a nightmare and the administration is out of touch. The one thing Trillium does have going for it is that there are some wonderful, dedicated teachers there...not all of them, but a few. As for the performing arts aspect...They did away with Drama in K-6 and now require classroom teachers, without formal training, to teach drama. Spanish? It's gone. They replaced it with world languages, which offers more variety but no chance to master or accumulate any real understanding of any one language. As with any big choice, I urge you to really do your research before choosing a school. Visit on more than one occasion. Sit in the parking lot at dismissal. Speak to teachers and families current and past before deciding.

Posted December 16, 2013
Trillium is a very good school. My daughter went there for 6 years. Sure, she encountered a teacher or two that she was not thrilled with, but that can happen anywhere. The teachers are not there for the money. The make a substantially smaller amount than the public schools. They are there because they love teaching. There are problems with the parking lot, but this is not the fault of the school. It is because of the ignorant parents on cell phones not paying attention in the parking lot. It is because they do not have their children ready to exit the car as soon as they pull up to the curb. Not the schools fault. They try to keep the cars moving. They have an awesome orchestra, excellent Drama/theatre teacher who has given the kids a sense of confidence etc. All in all it is a fabulous school with excellent teachers. If I had to do it over, I would still send her there. :)

Posted October 20, 2013
Trillium has become a fantastic school. The state of Michigan also recognized this as Trillium became a reward school. Keep it up Wildcats great job to the students and staff

Trillium Academy 4

Posted August 25, 2013
I don't know much about the school except there parking lot, It's a joke. people park where they feel like, block you or park blocking you and then leave the car and then you are stuck there for another 20 mins, and in the morning they park where you drop off the kids and they are eat breakfast or playing with there phone. You speak to the vice principal and tells you they will something about it but when there outside they don't do any thing. The school it self I can't rate because all I do is wait for the grandkids.

Trillium Academy 1

Posted March 25, 2013
I am very unhappy with my decision to place my child in this school. I feel the administration does nothing with issues that they are addressed with. My son had an issue with other students bulling him, and nothing was ever done! I spoke with his teacher and Principal multiple times with no results. Also the parking lot here is a joke! Parents continue to park in the exit lanes and block others trying to get out. This issue was also brought up with no actions taken! Would not recommend sending your child to this school!

Posted March 11, 2013
Trillium Academy has an extremely dedicated Staff that work tirelessly for the kids. Let's Go Wildcats!!

Trillium Academy 1

Posted June 25, 2012
I taught at Trillium for several years. the Principal is more concerned about test scores that make her look good than supporting the teachers properly to be effective in the classroom. Image is everything to her. The staff is young and attractive. Older people are not usually hired even though they are more than qualified. Poor behavior is permitted to continue for fear of losing the financial support that comes with those unruly students. If higher standards were in place, more families would want to come. Also, teachers are very frequently fired with no explanation. Many more leave because of the unrealistic demands placed on them by the administration and unfair treatment to those not in her circle of friends.

Trillium Academy 2

Posted January 31, 2012
I currently attend Trillium Academy. I love ALL of my teachers, but every year they leave, are asked to leave, or are fired. Trillium's teacher turnover rate is ridiculous. One previous teacher stated that "In the past 7 years, about 70 teachers have left." All of the teachers that I have had have been amazing, and they all have left. They have a lot of bumps to work out if they want to keep people at the school. I would leave, but it is my last year. Nothing at the school is what you think until you go there. Every year the problems just end up getting worse. This year has been the worst and I am highly disappointed.

Posted December 08, 2011
I am very thankful with Trillium Academy. I love the Orchestra each year is better!. Staff, teachers , classes and students are great to me. This school is a big family. I like kids have uniform and teachers are always doing the best to our kids. My kids speak two languajes thanks to Trillium Academy.

Trillium Academy
15740 Racho Boulevard, Taylor, MI  48180
Last modified Trillium Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trillium Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top