Public charter
Taylor, MI
After care: No

Taylor Exemplar Academy 2

Posted June 05, 2015
My child doesn't and will never go to this school. We went for the open house as he is still on the waiting list but just wanted to get a better feel for it. 1 they had no one to do the tour so they passed he families off to three different people until the secretary finally decided to take us around. She could barely give us real information and even when we asked she gave short answers...I knew more just from reading over the website and actually finished many of her sentences because she was confused. She flat out admitted the pick up/drop off is a complete mess and unbearable. We walked by the cafeteria and she stated the food is great then looked at the families and stuck her tounge out to imply it was actually gross....as a parent I was appalled . the halls were filthy. Boxes of clothes for donation just thrown everywhere. The school and staff were represented horribly and I know the other families said there was no way their kids was going there. My son will be attending a different charter school and never have to worry about this joke of a school

Posted February 28, 2015
It's a great school! My son really loves going there. The teachers and staff are awesome! By the end of 1st grade my son was in the 90th % for reading and math. Lexile reading range of 665-815 that's about 4th grade level. The school is academically focused but also teaches responsibility and accountability for your actions, which i love.

Posted September 04, 2014
This is one of the best schools... I have 2 kids, and they learn so much, and the teachers are amazing... Love it..!!

Posted June 11, 2014
Taylor Exemplar Academy is very dedicated to their students. My four children have attended there since it opened. The students are given academic goals for each semester, They have surpassed their goals every testing period, The rules in place are common sense, However, the rule breakers are mainly parents who think that rules don't apply to them and this is what causes problems. If you don't like to follow rules then yes, this school is not for you or your child. The teachers and administration only want the children to achieve everything they are capable of doing. The school has gone through some changes since it's beginning, some good and some bad. However, if parents/grandparents are not in communication with the teachers then children really can't get all the benefit. Every teacher is available via phone or note. When I leave a message for a teacher I always get a response. We all have to be involved for our academy and students to be successful. This school is a wonderful start for preparing students for college, Just get involved and be a rule follower and all will be well in the world of knowledge.

Taylor Exemplar Academy 4

Posted May 30, 2014
Great school. Great teachers, deans, and principle. Love it love it love it!! This site needs to provide more updated information on test scores. I think it's highly unlikely that scores are so low with how much attention is given to the students and how they seem to thrive while handling such a vigorous curriculum. My overall score for this school is an 8 out of 10. I think Great Schools is way off in their assessment (4 out of 10?!).

Posted May 23, 2013
Our school is great! The teachers really care about the kids and the quality of education they get. Their standards are high which I love.

Taylor Exemplar Academy 1

Posted February 19, 2013
Hopefully the reviews will improve now that the horrible principal is leaving!!!!! It surely can't be any worse.

Posted November 12, 2012
really love this school i am a student here i will be graduating this year i am so sad to go i love our principal he is a great person. he make sure that us students get what we need and more we also have wonderful field trips. i wished T.E.A went up to high school!!!!!!

Taylor Exemplar Academy 3

Posted September 30, 2012
i agree the school seems very strict, they are more concerned with the consensual paperwork that the parents have to sign, the students must remain quite most of the time, and it is run on a military level. Sometimes you have to let children have a little air, they will still learn :)

Posted September 26, 2012
Update: Aug 8th I posted some issues pertaining to a paperwork error. Those issues were handled promptly and my son was able to attend on the first day of school with no problems. Mr Reese met with me personally and handled our situation quickly and professionally. As of today I am proud to say my son attends Taylor Exemplar Academy. He loves his teacher and I feel that the smaller size of the school allows the administration to communicate on a more personal level with parents. Yes, the principle does run the school on a strict level, but it's just as it should be. I want a principle and teacher who will assist me in pushing my children to be the best they can be and prepare them for college and their future career.

Taylor Exemplar Academy
26727 Goddard Road, Taylor, MI  48180
Last modified Taylor Exemplar Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Exemplar Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top