Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We loved TEA last year, my son had an amazing teacher. This year we have an amazing teacher as well (Mrs. Browning) she's great when it comes to communication and ensuring her students are making good progress. I don't love the pickup and dismissal process, they don't enforce "rules" and we've been late to school and me to work due to parents not following guidelines. The turnover rate of teachers is kind of disappointing as well. Overall, education is okay, processes and guidelines are not.

Develops character: Neutral

I'm neutral with this because the school can't "reach" or "get to" every kid and ensure they have all these characteristics.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My son has had Miss Awad and she made him LOVE TEA (he still talks about her) Mrs. Browning is fantastic, she's a great teacher and my son enjoys going to school and being in her class. Mr. Bruebaker (spelling?) is a great Phys. Ed teacher and my son always looks forward to that class and having him as a teacher.

Amount of homework: Agree

Mrs. Browning is very great about homework, the kids have Monday to Monday to turn it in, giving them a week to go over things, being a family with extra curricular activities this is perfect for us.

Mrs. Jakubik goes above and beyond in teaching my grandson. Her specialty is math and she has helped my grandson understand the math being taught. He says that he can always talk to her and she listens to what he says and helps with anything that troubles him in class. He says Mrs. Jakubik is one of the best teachers he's had. I thank Mrs. Jakubik for all the encouragement and being a mentor to my grandson. Anna McGrath, Charlies grandma.

The school was great through elementary school, not sure if it's new leadership or the middle school program but it's not the same. Disappointing

This school has gone downhill since the previous principal left. He was strict but kids in this area need that type of guidance. My daughter is a 3rd grader and has been attending since kindergarten and complains to me on a weekly basis on how students misbehave and the whole class is punished due to the bad apples who have little to no home training on how to behave in a classroom. My daughter states that activities are not being done because the entire class is punished. Teacher turnover rate is extremely high. There are new staff members each year for gym, music, art and etc. They took away after school care which is a hugh inconvenience and the dismissal is awful because almost EVERY student has to be picked up, somehow. Lastly, they removed the grace period in the morning, not a huge deal but come on, most jobs give you a grace period. My daughter asks me regularly to go to a new school and we will certainly check into doing so. Another thing the parents overall are not friendly at this school beware.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

All but my daughter's first grade teacher were great!! She is currently in 3rd grade and I love her teacher this year also.

Unfortunately, the school doesn't have fair disciplinary practices across the board for every child regardless of skin color. The staff is viewed as being correct and the student, especially if they are a child of color, is viewed as wrong. The current principal doesn't investigate incidents before suspending the student and the staff turnover is high. I am disappointed because I did see the school as being good academically; however, it isn't a safe place for students to go to where a parent can be certain that incidents involving bullying or false accusations against a child will be investigated completely and fairly. Sadly, a parent cannot really voice their concern regarding their child and the way the school is ran to the principal or the individual over them. To make matters worse, a parent can only go so far for assistance and it may not be resolved fairly. For the record, Trustpilot is a one sided review site that is monitored by Taylor Exemplar Academy. Other views that were posted by parents who are frustrated were deleted by the staff. In conclusion, students do not have a voice at this school. Concerned parents do not have a voice at the school. Incidents are not investigated completely before suspensions and staff stands by staff and not the student. The principal is unreasonable on this issue. This is a grave concern.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Adults lie and I do not trust the staff here at Taylor Exemplar Academy. The staff stand together too tightly where the children cannot voice their concerns in a safe environment. As a result, the wrong students are being suspended and children of color are being accused of incidents they did not do.

Last modified Taylor Exemplar Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.