Public charter
Taylor, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted September 04, 2014
This is one of the best schools... I have 2 kids, and they learn so much, and the teachers are amazing... Love it..!!

Taylor Exemplar Academy 4

Posted May 30, 2014
Great school. Great teachers, deans, and principle. Love it love it love it!! This site needs to provide more updated information on test scores. I think it's highly unlikely that scores are so low with how much attention is given to the students and how they seem to thrive while handling such a vigorous curriculum. My overall score for this school is an 8 out of 10. I think Great Schools is way off in their assessment (4 out of 10?!).

Posted May 23, 2013
Our school is great! The teachers really care about the kids and the quality of education they get. Their standards are high which I love.

Posted November 12, 2012
really love this school i am a student here i will be graduating this year i am so sad to go i love our principal he is a great person. he make sure that us students get what we need and more we also have wonderful field trips. i wished T.E.A went up to high school!!!!!!

Taylor Exemplar Academy 3

Posted September 30, 2012
i agree the school seems very strict, they are more concerned with the consensual paperwork that the parents have to sign, the students must remain quite most of the time, and it is run on a military level. Sometimes you have to let children have a little air, they will still learn :)

Posted September 26, 2012
Update: Aug 8th I posted some issues pertaining to a paperwork error. Those issues were handled promptly and my son was able to attend on the first day of school with no problems. Mr Reese met with me personally and handled our situation quickly and professionally. As of today I am proud to say my son attends Taylor Exemplar Academy. He loves his teacher and I feel that the smaller size of the school allows the administration to communicate on a more personal level with parents. Yes, the principle does run the school on a strict level, but it's just as it should be. I want a principle and teacher who will assist me in pushing my children to be the best they can be and prepare them for college and their future career.

Posted September 01, 2012
I really don't like this school. If you were considering sending your kid there think again. The new principal, Reese, runs the school like a military school. He only cares about making the school look good. He doesn't even care about the students. He cares about the scores only. Mr. Price cared for both parents and students. He cared for everyone and the problems that needed focusing on were taking care of. He encouraged everyone to speak their mind. Reese only wants people to be quite and do what he wants them to do. And he throws the problems around like rag dolls.

Posted August 04, 2012
I could not agree more!!!! It's truly sad how things have changed - how test scores and not the individual child are more important and how students disabilities are often ignored.

Taylor Exemplar Academy 4

Posted August 03, 2012
Last year was my step sons 1st year attending. He's went to Southgate Public his whole life. What I noticed for 6th grade- All his teachers but math were great. If I had a question I would email sometimes a lot and they would always email back quickly and solve whatever problem or answer any question. Lots of homework. I Googled one of the math worksheets he was given because it had no directions and he had NO CLUE how to do it. Turns out his 6th grade math is really 8th grade math and that would explain why he has never seen it before. Everyone seems to dislike the Principal. I met him during conf and he was really nice and helpful. Every Sunday my phone received a call from the school and newsletters were updated every month. What I do NOT like is the fact my 7th grader doesn't get out of school till 3:45pm so there wont be over crowding in the parking lot. He gets home from school (because he walks) after 4pm. I'll agree the school is tough but I think it's a good fit for my child. I gave him the option to attend a different school and he declined.

Posted August 02, 2012
Not returning...The reviews are right. The dynamic of the school has changed drastically and not for the good. Our family will be one of the many families not returning. I was a very involved parent helping out on a regular basis. That's what opened my eyes to how horrible things had become. The leadership is very arrogant and rude to the parents.

Taylor Exemplar Academy
26727 Goddard Road, Taylor, MI  48180
Last modified Taylor Exemplar Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Exemplar Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top