Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I pulled all my children even my stepson out of public education. Teachers at quest and the college prep school my older ones go to, seem well concerned with the kids they teach. They take their time to get to know your child, help them to achieve higher. Never leave a child behind. The two schools offer great after school resources to help your child succeed:) The staff at quest charter academy are really awesome people... Their involved with getting to know the parents as well and are quick to update you on your child.. Their parking lot sucks , I will be honest. Its not designed to have a heavy flow of traffic, but they try their best to guide. Its the parents that don't read emails or follow the drop off or pick up rules that gets it crazy at times... I've been a quest family member now for five years. And I'm greatful for the way they care for my children

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Yes as they don't tolerate it one bit

Supports LD students: Neutral

I chose neutral because I'm not sure on the special education part, I do know though my daughter has always fell behind a grade in math n reading and they do work with her in small groups and offer free afternoon tutoring

This school is horrible for kids with disabilities. They do everthing they can to make you think you are doing something wrong. And when you try and call the school board on them they lie through their teeth. Even though i have email to prove they lied. They do not keep the IEP current when the child gets a major diagnosis. And then call the kids licensed psychiatrist a liar and they dont know what they are talking about. Do not send your child here. They let kids steal out of lockers they have to share with someone else. Plus if there is a witness they still dont do nothing about the theft and bullying.

My son started Quest last year as a kindergartner. Although his teacher was new (her second year as a teacher), she was amazing!! She was enthusiastic about teaching and handled the kids well. The kindergarten classrooms have about 25 students. Quest has a behavior policy that is color coded and that each child is held to daily. I liked that this gave me an idea of how he was doing in the class aside from academics. This school does focus heavily on Math and Reading. They do have gym, art, music, and computer classes weekly. However, this year each 1st grade class has 32 students, which feels like too many for one teacher. Also, the principal decided to get rid of the PTO this year. So Im wondering if extra things like the dances, jean days, popcorn fridays, donuts with dads, muffins with moms, movie nights and halloween night will even take place this year. I guess I will have to wait and see. I dont think a principal should be able to take away the PTO if parents still want to be involved. Overall, i am happy with the school but i definitely still see some areas where they could improve. This is probably true for every school.

We joined the Quest Academy community last year when my son entered Kindergarten. My son has loved his teacher, the administrators, and friends. As a parent, I found that the curriculum under Mr. Garza's leadership has a rigorous focus on reading, writing and math. My son's academic growth in his first year was astounding. As a parent, I found that expectations for my partnership in my son's learning were high too (as they should be). My son finished kindergarten in the 89th percentile and 95th percentile respectively on the national achievement tests and I owe his great start to his hard work, his teacher's commitment, and a caring and engaged learning enviroment. We LOVE Quest!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes it can be rigorous for both students and parents, but it's worth it when you begin to see the strong academic growth, love of learning, and commitment in your student.

Develops character: Agree

The moral focus of the school is clearly articulated in by the charter management organization and our school and teachers are dedicated to instilling these values.

We were impressed with Quest from our first informational meeting before our daughter started Kindergarten here! She is now in 5th grade and we couldn't be more happy with the education she is getting here. The ENTIRE staff has the same goal of giving the students the best education possible. We are moving out of the district, but we know the further drive will be worth it, because of how pleased we are with our school!

My child has attended Quest since they opened. Unfortunately my child has suffered academically and is falling behind. One of the biggest complaints based on my experiences, is that a lot of teachers were brand new, fresh out of school. The classrooms and behavioral structures were constantly changing based on trial and error of the new teacher. Plus the classroom sizes are ridiculous, averaging 31 kids to 1 teacher. The school is also on principal #2 now. I've saved numerous emails and handouts containing poorly executed, contradictory information. Many times I've had to ask for clarification on the information. Last but not least, the God awful parking lot. It was not designed to accommodate heavy traffic flow, that became increasingly worse as grades were added. Please do your research before considering just ANY school for your child.

Last modified Quest Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.