Tecumseh, MI

Tecumseh High School 1

Posted May 07, 2015
This school has failed to let my son know that he has a whole class to do three weeks from graduation.

Tecumseh High School 2

Posted January 27, 2015
The school places more emphasis on their athletics (specifically boys) than academics. Quality programs for students, including language courses, are far and few, and mediocre at best.

Tecumseh High School 5

Posted June 10, 2014
Being a student at Tecumseh High School, I believe we offer so much to our student body. Unlike many schools in the area, we have highly sucessful art and music programs. Our sports are also very important to the school. Our softball team once again has made it to state championships, and many teens in the area are known for recieving district/state competitions. As for the learning part, I think we have many strengths, and many weaknesses. First off, we focus a lot on our major tests that we will be taking throughout the years. (We have pratice ACT/SAT, and pratice test taking skills that we will use for Meap, ect.) We offer many classes from Independent Living, Graphic Design, to Developmental Psychology, as well as offer numerous AP classes that many of us will use for our college purposes. We also offer Virtual Academy, which allows us to take any class not offered at the school. On the negetive side, we have been known to do poorly in math classes. Although getting better, I feel we are very behind in these areas. Many of our teachers are flexible with staying after/before school to help others if needed, but I don't feel that they challenge us students more than they should.

Tecumseh High School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
All this school cares about is football. No count teachers and sick and twisted administration. Don't send your kids here.

Tecumseh High School 5

Posted December 12, 2009
Parent involvement in their children's future to respect one another, give of oneself for the betterment of others, strive to make a positive difference, and achieve greatness by perseverance.

Tecumseh High School

Posted March 15, 2009
I am strongly disappointed with this school. They care to much about image than education. They send kids to the office for not having a plastic card around their neck other than having them sit in a class room and learn.

Tecumseh High School 3

Posted January 14, 2006
A large school with a number of AP classes and a up to date school. A beautiful gym and weightroom are always positives.

Tecumseh High School 3

Posted June 05, 2005
I do agree about the racial slurs being said in the high school but if noticed who is using these profanities that it is only a small majority of, if they can laughingly be called, 'students'. These are the same kids who drag down the schools reputation by not performing on any type of school related function such as testing. The students at Tecumseh High School are very intelligent but are not given their dues because of individuals that think school is just a place for dealing drugs. I do believe more discipline should be shown to the students and that they must pay for what they have done to their classmates by demoting their test scores. I beleive the school does an okay job in teaching but in my opinion, students who actually do what they are suppose to do should make up the testing grid.

Tecumseh High School 4

Posted April 07, 2005
This school has in many ways improved over the years of opperation... The current Tecumseh High was built in 2001 for $33 million. On the inside, newer books can be found, as well as top of the line technology, which many schools are not lucky enough to have. However, THS has a severe math problems. So many of our students cannot even multiply, divide without using a calculator. Call it a sign of the times we live in, but I believe if asked what 10/8 is, a high school student should be able to answer. Besides the learning aspect, we also have a widespread problem with racism here at THS. Granted, we live in small-town America with a population under 10,000. But - while walking down the halls, one shouldn't hear racial slurs, specifically targeting minority races. I've heard this kind of talk go on so many times, and it needs to stop.

Tecumseh High School
760 Brown Street, Tecumseh, MI  49286
Last modified Tecumseh High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tecumseh High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top