Public charter
Traverse City, MI

Posted April 14, 2011
I cant believe that this site has only given Woodland a 7. This is one of the most inovative schools in the area with amazing arts and academic programing. Kids love learning and become expert creative porblem solvers. They have choice and say in there education. Although the school does not teach to the standardized tests, the school routinely scores ABOVE the surrounding area schools much of the time. Class sizes are smaller than the average public school. Teachers get to know te students well becuase of the multiage structure. Woodland has changed both my daughters lives for the the better. My oldest left here and entered high school doing all junior level academic classes. I can not say enough!

Posted May 21, 2010
Woodland School has been a wonderful schooling experience for my son. He began going to Woodland (TBCS) when he was in the second grade. He will be entering the 8th grade next year and he has enjoyed every minute of it. Highly motivated teachers, a beautiful atmosphere as well as a unique approach to learning are amongst just a few of the many attributes that Woodland School offers. Academically, my son has gained a tremendous interest in both the sciences as well as the arts. He has become a motovated individual during his years here and I would like to thank each teacher that has played a role in his education. Teachers here really take time for each student both academically as well as personally. Looking back, I am grateful that we chose Woodland School. -Brandy Marvin

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted January 09, 2009

Woodland School 0

Posted November 24, 2008
This school is one of my favorite that I sent two of my three children's too. Teachers are well organized and does spend that quality time with each child. The facility is beautiful the new auditorium they have is so nice and comfortable. I really do miss this school and wish my kids could have continue on schooling here. Out of all the schools in the area this is one of the best. Highly recommended.

Posted July 03, 2008
This school is the best. All of the teachers are smart, nice, and helpful. There are 2 ponds on the property and they spend a lot of time outdoors. You can excel as far as you need to, either staying with your age mates or going to a higher class for a few subjects. There is a lot of parent volunteering with is great. I highly recomend it.

Posted May 27, 2008
I went to school here for 4 years and am very impressed! Everyone is very friendly. Great teachers and staff! It was unique in many positive ways.

Posted October 01, 2007

Posted November 08, 2006
This is my granddaughter's sixth year at the school, and she has two younger siblings attending, as well. Our family is thrilled with their progress, the innovative curriculum, wonderful opportunities in the arts, dedicated and caring staff and director, and the spectacular setting. High quality education with small classroom settings. Added Cross Country team this year, which was very successful.

Posted August 07, 2006

Woodland School
7224 Supply Road, Traverse City, MI  49696
Last modified Woodland School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top