214 students|Woodland School

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is our 8th year as a Woodland family and we couldn't be more thrilled with the individualized education, unique experiences, or care our three children have been shown. It is not uncommon for our children to be disappointed on snow days or cry the last day of school. We find the curriculum meaningful, the teachers engaging, and the natural setting unparalleled. We are thankful for the lasting impact Woodland has and will continue to have on our children.

At first it seems like a great place, that everyone is family. The truth is unless your child is a sheeple or robot this school is not for your child. If your child has special needs, promises are made for help but they are never kept. They give up on kids instead of helping them. Once you leave the school the real attitudes of the staff appear and quite frankly it is shocking.

I cant believe that this site has only given Woodland a 7. This is one of the most inovative schools in the area with amazing arts and academic programing. Kids love learning and become expert creative porblem solvers. They have choice and say in there education. Although the school does not teach to the standardized tests, the school routinely scores ABOVE the surrounding area schools much of the time. Class sizes are smaller than the average public school. Teachers get to know te students well becuase of the multiage structure. Woodland has changed both my daughters lives for the the better. My oldest left here and entered high school doing all junior level academic classes. I can not say enough!

Woodland School has been a wonderful schooling experience for my son. He began going to Woodland (TBCS) when he was in the second grade. He will be entering the 8th grade next year and he has enjoyed every minute of it. Highly motivated teachers, a beautiful atmosphere as well as a unique approach to learning are amongst just a few of the many attributes that Woodland School offers. Academically, my son has gained a tremendous interest in both the sciences as well as the arts. He has become a motovated individual during his years here and I would like to thank each teacher that has played a role in his education. Teachers here really take time for each student both academically as well as personally. Looking back, I am grateful that we chose Woodland School. -Brandy Marvin

This school is one of my favorite that I sent two of my three children's too. Teachers are well organized and does spend that quality time with each child. The facility is beautiful the new auditorium they have is so nice and comfortable. I really do miss this school and wish my kids could have continue on schooling here. Out of all the schools in the area this is one of the best. Highly recommended.

This school is the best. All of the teachers are smart, nice, and helpful. There are 2 ponds on the property and they spend a lot of time outdoors. You can excel as far as you need to, either staying with your age mates or going to a higher class for a few subjects. There is a lot of parent volunteering with is great. I highly recomend it.

I went to school here for 4 years and am very impressed! Everyone is very friendly. Great teachers and staff! It was unique in many positive ways.

This is my granddaughter's sixth year at the school, and she has two younger siblings attending, as well. Our family is thrilled with their progress, the innovative curriculum, wonderful opportunities in the arts, dedicated and caring staff and director, and the spectacular setting. High quality education with small classroom settings. Added Cross Country team this year, which was very successful.

Last modified Woodland School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.