Traverse City, MI

Posted January 05, 2014
Graduated here in 2010 after attending this school for a year. I had no issues with this school and I didn't meet one bad apple there (pun?). The staff were all helpful and I had no issues with the principals. The lunches were above average surprisingly, as the food they provided seemed to be great quality food (surprising, right?) I can't think of many negatives about this school really. This school has thousands of students, but the school has so many wide hallways and a second floor so you barely notice how many students are in this school. I never had problems in the hallways getting to class on time as there was never too many students in the hallways at one time. Overall, great school. I only wish I could have spent all my high school days here

Posted June 04, 2011
TC West has wonderful adult leadership in the principals, guidance counselors AND the secretaries of each area of the school. The athletics are phenomenal, and the music program is unmatched in the state. Having a high school the size of West take on a difficult just-released Broadway show like Phantom of the Opera with nine roles being doubled on alternating nights - and having sellout performances, one after another, speaks for itself. The leadership of this school is just outstanding. They set the bar high for their students and then lead them, encourage them and model for them how to reach their goals.

Posted June 23, 2010
As a recent alumni of West, I was impressed with this school. The principals know what they are doing, there are teachers that want you to succeed. There also have a huge variety of extra-curricular activities. This school has just under 2,000 students so there is lots of people to talk to! Highly recommend this school to parents.

West Senior High 1

Posted March 24, 2009

West Senior High 1

Posted March 17, 2009

Posted October 16, 2008
I love it! <3 the learning enviroment is controlled, the teachers are all awesome and the staff in the offices and library are super nice.

West Senior High 0

Posted November 29, 2007
I have one daughter that has graduated and another still at West. It is an amazing school.Great teachers and staff. From the AP programs to music,sports and daily care of students, it is for sure our #1 choice. The number of choices at the school is great as well.

Posted August 13, 2007
TC West Alumni. I spent three wonderful years at this highschool. It has an up-to-date facility and excellent faculty. I only wish I could go back!

Posted May 08, 2006
- a former student
As three TC West alumnae we feel that we received a quality education that has helped us succeed academically as well as socially in a university setting.

Posted April 20, 2006
The quality of the academic programs are great. There is a good varity of opitions for subjects, as well as honors and AP courses. The quality of the music program is excellent. There is a great varity of sports that are offered for both boys and girls. Parents are involved in school and take part in helping with many projects.

West Senior High
5376 North Long Lake Road, Traverse City, MI  49684
Last modified West Senior High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Senior High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top