Traverse City, MI

Posted December 16, 2012
My daughter's reports cards from Central Grade were great! She was doing well, a pleasure to be around, a great helper, and her learning was right on schedule -- or so they led to me believe. Reality broke through when she took the MEAP test. Her not-proficient score left me scratching my head. How could she get A's and B's in math and score non-proficient on her standardized test? And it wasn't just her score, most of her peers scored non-proficient or partically proficient. We started to dig a little bit deeper by asking her to do some simple math. We were shocked to realize that not only did she not know how to do the problems, she didn't even recognize anything we gave her. Her MEAP scores were the true indication of her ability level. This school year I removed my daughter from school and she and I have been homeschooling to remediate her, especially in math. At this point in time all I can say is that I am thankful that I caught her before she took the inevitible academic nose dive into math for non-college bound students. I am happy to report that after one semester at home (and a lot of hard work) she is almost at grade level after I started her at two grades behind.

Central Grade School 4

Posted October 10, 2009
I think the teachers are great, and the school is in a big, old building that the students just love!

Central Grade School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
I have two children who attend in both 2nd grade and the 4th grade gifted program. They transferred from another local school that closed last year. They love this school. The gifted program is absolutely wonderful and my child is thriving more than I could have imagined. He struggled with his traditional teacher at the previous school. My second grader's teacher - Mrs. Harmeson - is a great teacher and truly cares about the kids in her class. I wouldn't change a thing.

Central Grade School 2

Posted January 02, 2009

Posted June 24, 2008

Posted March 29, 2008
I love this school! My children love this school! The teachers are exceptional! My children transferred from another school where their grades had dropped from teachers who didn t care. At this school, the teachers recognized them as exceptional and pushed them to their potential. The education is top-notch here. The atmosphere is caring. There are so many extra-curriculum activities for children to participate. Central Grade is an overall well-rounded elementary school. A+++

Posted December 15, 2007

Posted May 06, 2007

Central Grade School 4

Posted May 02, 2007
My kids like it here and the teachers are top notch.

Posted January 30, 2007
Central Grade has a terrific traditional elementary program! Both of my kids have attended since preschool. The teachers are attentive and supportive. The overall learning environment is excellent. And the after school latchkey program is unmatched!!

Central Grade School
301 Seventh Street, Traverse City, MI  49684
Last modified Central Grade School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Grade School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top