Bad
Good

This will be our third year at Eastern & we have been very happy with our child's teachers especially the way they get to know her as an individual. We just met our new teacher for the year and she knew my daughters name when we walked in the door. We love that we can bike to school & that the principal is so visible and kind to every student, sibling and parent; saying hello to all of us and engaging the kids with questions about their day, what book they're reading, etc. GREAT school!

Excellent school! We transferred to this school and couldn't be happier! VERY well equipped to handle challenges, has excellent program in place for 4th & 5th graders to aid in transitioning to middle school, excellent communication and overall, couldn't be more pleased with our decision to switch schools. The new principle makes ALL the difference and it shows in moral and overall competency of the school now. Wasn't impressed w/ prior principle at all (and word around was not too impressive). This is why we opted to try another school initially. Anyway, great leadership now and all around awesome school!

Eastern is an excellent school. The teachers are dedicated and care about our children's education. Eastern also does a school-wide service program, called Heroes and every child gets involved in helping a cause. I have had 3 children attend school here and all have excelled at the Middle School. There are lots of different ways for parents to be involved if they want to, but no pressure if they can't be.

I love Eastern! This school has given our kids a great educational foundation and prepared them well for middle school and high school. Not only have the teachers been wonderful but also the extras that parents do really create a great community. I think it's pretty telling that when I attend functions at the middle school and high school I look around and see mostly Eastern parents. No way would I have picked another school for my kids!

I have had children at Eastern for 10 years now. My oldest two have moved on to middle school and high school, and are excelling. The teaching staff is very strong, and the office staff are helpful and friendly. Our family loves Eastern!

Eastern is a very disappointing school. The kids are bullies. The teachers are uncaring. The principal lacks leadership. Neverrrrrrr again would I place my children at Eastern.

i wanted to send my children to traverse heights but because of boundary lines they had to attend eastern it wasn't our 1st choice. the 3 years my kids have been there they both were recommended to be seen for add and special education because of their reading levels fell behind, the class size increased and you have split grade class rooms no wonder why they children cant stay focused. plus they create this vibe if your not involved in school activities and don't have the time to volunteer then you don't care. all they care about is test scores and cliques, and when test scores aren't perfect they blame parents for lack of involvement, why not ever point finger at teacher wasn't their job to teach my child( duh). of course a kids going to feel stupid and give up if they know their teacher doesn't believe in them, they just want more funding and grants for special education there, were the teacher is a special ed teacher half day and second grade teacher the other half of the day.

I love eastern because i have best friends and I love the teachers. I've had 4 teachers there.

This is supposed to be one of the best schools in the district. If that is true, I would hate to see what the other schools are like. We have been here for 3 years. The classrooms have 30+ kids in them, the kids get virtually no individual attention unless they cause trouble. Kids are purely a number. The teachers know nothing about my child's true academic abilities beyond what a standardized test tells them. No language courses, no creative thinking processes. Just read it in a book or listen to the teacher and regurgitate it for a test. They are very big on field trips which is fine if they involved something more educational than going to plays at the high school next door or to the beach or sand dunes to play for the day. Communication is horrible. The second grade teacher never told us that our daughter had been having to move to the front of the class everytime there was board work to be done because she couldn't see the board from the back of the classroom. We only found out that our daughter needed glasses 2 months into the school year when she went to the doctor for a regular check up. Think twice before enrolling your child here.

The teachers at Eastern are second to none! We've been at this school for 8 years now, and would highly recommend it to anyone considering moving into the area.

Last modified Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.