Traverse City, MI

West Middle School 1

Posted July 01, 2014
I've tried out many different schools and WMS has to be the worst one I've ever been to. Everyone is a bully with few excellent teachers. If your child is an outcast or anything else that's perceived negatively they will probably not enjoy it here. If you ever try to get your kid justice for being bullied by students or/and teachers it probably won't happen. The school boasts about its anti bullying pride but does jack about it. That aside some of the teachers use great learning techniques that really grasp peoples attention. I also agree with what a previous commenter said about kids with ADD. All in all, if your kid is rich and popular they will do just fine here.

West Middle School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
TC West is a great middle school. The teachers and all staff are very involved with the kids. They go the extra way to make sure everyone is taken care of. The counselors are always helpful. T C West is more like a community than a school. There are always options that fit in with your child. Everyone just wants the students to excel and be happy and fit in.

Posted May 19, 2011
West is the best and better then all the rest. East is the least and can't even compete.

Posted September 16, 2009
The caring atmosphere for our students and staff. We are one big family.

West Middle School 2

Posted August 31, 2009

Posted October 23, 2008
The elementary and Middle School has been a wonderful school experience for both of my children. I am so impressed by the quality of educators working in this district. My children are not the easiest to deal with and I could not be happier with their progress.

West Middle School 0

Posted September 12, 2008
This is a very good school for the average to excellent student. ADD/ADHD may 'fall through the cracks' here. The school has a strategy the seems good but it isn't as thorough as it could be.

West Middle School 0

Posted June 16, 2008
As a new family to this school district, we did a lot of research prior to moving to this district. We chose this district based on comments on these type of sites as well as testing scores. I have to say I feel we were mislead by the wonderful reviews we read. I'm not saying this school is all that bad, but it is not as good as the ratings made it look. The 9th graders were not treated like high school students with them being housed in the junior high building, although that will change next year. A major concern I have is that the school spends money on buying game tables and other fun stuff for the kids to do during lunch, yet not all classes have enough books for everyone, so no one is allowed to take the books home for those classes.

Posted November 15, 2007

West Middle School 2

Posted January 12, 2006

West Middle School
3950 Silver Lake Road, Traverse City, MI  49684
Last modified West Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top