Traverse City, MI
Students enrolled: 1,464

Central High School 1

Posted January 18, 2011
i went here, they did the best they could. I wish they didn't have the cliques and the attitude against less wealthy students.

Posted October 27, 2010
It's not small or big, it's perfect!

Posted October 24, 2010
The staff is very supportive of all the students and truly care about not only the academic aspects but all the social pressures that high school students face in our society.

Posted October 04, 2010
I am a parent and active volunteer at TC Central. The NEW, New principal (former Vice-Principal) is a dedicated and hard working leader. If you liked CHS before you will love it now. With programs like FIRST robotics, a fabulous debate team and very active music and sports booster groups CHS has something to offer every student beyond great acidemics.

Posted September 20, 2009
I love the staff and students at Central ... the most caring, kind staff, great kids! The staff goes out of their way to help any student who is in need. Yea Centra!

Posted February 24, 2009
I attended this school and had an absolutely great experience! The new principle there is not liked by a lot of students because he is more strict than the previous so parents, I would not be worried. Athletics are top-notch, when I was there, we won a state title in hockey and multiple in skiing and our wrestling, track & field, cross-country, baseball, lacrosse, and tennis programs are consistently among the top 10 or 15 in the state. The teachers did an extremely good job for me in preparing for college and I am currently well on my way to Dental School. I didn't always like my teacher but much more often than not, I had a good teachers. Look at TCCHS's State Test Scores and they always are among the best and when I was there for my 3 years, my class had the best in the state. Great School.

Posted December 11, 2008
An unsafe school? TCC has no issues with safety at all. It is not uncomfortable either, there are all sorts of people there. I dislike the principal but he is doing a good job. Athletics are top notch, multiple state championships and more coming. School spirit is incredible and attending sports games is always great fun. We have some absolutely phenomenal teachers and some awful teachers, but that's life. Central is starting to hire many young teachers with a lot of potential who take an active interest in their students and are actually able to understand them. The new buildings going up will be excellent.

Central High School 1

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted July 02, 2008
I attended this school. Student's easily slipped 'though the cracks.' Few teachers were caring and sports were worshiped. The curriculum was stale. After fumbling though high school, I was able to graduate college with highest honors. I had first class teachers who cared and wanted you to succeed. I hope things have improved since my time there.

Posted February 14, 2007
- a former student
I attended TCHS........and I loved every moment of it. From the math courses, to the choir auditions, to the extremely delicious cookies for lunch :-). I love the fact that my principle, who is the same principle today, took time out to LISTEN to the students. Safety? NOT an issue. I participated in everything from sports, to pep clubs, to choir, to newspaper.......and I'm hoping that my children will be in as great a school, to learn all that I did while going to Traverse City Central.

Central High School
1150 Milliken Drive, Traverse City, MI  49686
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top