Traverse City, MI

Posted January 16, 2014
TCCS is focused on training the whole child according to Biblical principles. They teach children HOW to think. The bar is set high, but attainable.

Posted December 04, 2013
This is a quality school that is focused on God first. They staff is very qualified and loving. The school does a great job at developing a Christian Worldview in the kids. My kids are learning how to think critically and view the world the way God would have us view it. The atmosphere is very safe and welcoming. My kids love it there.

Traverse City Christian School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
Hardly a Christian School if they don't follow the Matt. 18 principles stated in the handbooks.

Posted December 21, 2012
Outstanding experience. I have put one daughter through TCCS and another is currently attending. The school prepared my eldest daughter well. She is a 4.0 student in her first year of college and is set for a bright future. My younger daughter has to work hard and the teachers are firm and fair. I love the family atmosphere, the diverse backgrounds of the students, and the focus on Christian excellence in an academic environment. The old fundamentalist days are gone, and the focus is on Christ and serving Him - not man-made legalism. I would recommend TC Christian for any parent who seriously wants a great education coupled with faith and family values. 'Old school' school.

Posted February 12, 2009
I currently have three students at TCCS. It's a tough school if you don't keep up with your studies but the teaching staff has been excellent. I've never seen kids have so much fun in a school. There are many planned outings and extraordinary mission opportunites. The sports program for both girls and boys is strong with huge parent and student fan support. This past year has been very exciting in sporting acheivements. All three of my children are involved with sports, drama, music and student council. They have been taught to manage their time very well and are all on the high honor roll. I believe their success is greatly due to private education and TCCS.

Traverse City Christian School 4

Posted July 20, 2006
This is a wonderful place, with a caring staff, students, and parents. They focus on serving others (School-wide Mission trip to Mississippi!). The education prepares them very well for College. I have had 1 child graduate and have 2 children still there. Whenever I find it a struggle to make the tuition payment, the Lord shows me another reason, why I am so glad my children have had TCCS in their lives!

Posted September 17, 2005

Posted November 13, 2004
- a former student
I graduated from TCCS in 2002. Although it did not have 'great' sports (Only the guys soccor team had a lot of success), the teaching was great. While it did have its problems (students chewed gun in class when they wern't supposed to and were rarely in dress code), I had a wonderful experience their. My favorate teachers were Mrs. Radtke (math) and Mr. Weber (english).

Traverse City Christian School 2

Posted October 18, 2004
A school that did not live up to its promise. Overall quality of teaching(with one or two exceptions)was fair to poor. Extracurriculars were essentially sports. Claimed to be denominational free but had an extremely strong fundamentalist approach to all matters.

Traverse City Christian School
753 Emerson Rd, Traverse City, MI  49686
Last modified Traverse City Christian School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Traverse City Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top