Traverse City, MI

Posted September 09, 2013
Best teachers for all the right reasons! No hidden agendas and no false claims to boost enrollment.

Posted January 19, 2008
God is good - all the time, and all the time -God is good! the children and staff at Traverse Bay Christian school not only shout this out joyfully but they believe it with all their hearts. We have seen god at work mightely at TBCS bringing together a quality caring staff who embrace God's word and love our kids all the while modeling what it means to walk the walk and talk the talk in Christ Jesus. The acedemic standards have been set with excellence as the goal --they are appropriately high but not unreachable. The staff is well trained and gifted in utiliziing creative methods of teaching thus reaching many different learning styles. Class sizes are small and relational skills are modeled, taught and valued in the classrooms and on the playground. We love TBCS and thank God for leading us there---God is good - all the time.

Posted January 08, 2008
My children attended this school from K-6th grades and I would have loved to see them add junior high grade levels. This school made such a tremendous impact on my children and my entire family. There is a family environment here, standards are higher than some schools (a good thing!) but there is always an atmosphere of love and support. The families and staff are tremendous. I have been heavily involved in this school for eight years. I have never had a child nor seen a child sit out of class due to a dress code issue, nor is there a rule that the children cannot talk during lunch - I have worked in the lunchroom at least 25 times and believe me, the kids are allowed to talk throughout lunch! If you are interested in quality Christian education and character development, this is an awesome choice!

Traverse Bay Christian School 0

Posted January 04, 2008
I am a parent of four children, three who attend Traverse Bay Christian, and I couldn't be happier with their overall education both academic and spiritual. The teachers are absolutely the best I've ever been in contact with and I was a public school teacher for 4 years. The leadership at TBCS including principal, teachers, board members, etc. are knowledgable, up to date on current learning styles and furthering their training on a constant basis. The love, guidance and prayers that are said for my children is enough for me to know that this is a place that extends our teaching and moral standards at home and is a place where I want my children to be! I honestly couldn't think of a better place to have my children when they're not at home- it is worth every penny!

Posted December 21, 2007
Traverse Bay is an outstanding elementary school. There was such a feeling of family there. It was obvious that the teachers and principal had the students' best interests in mind, and when the time came to move on to Junior High, I was very prepared. Great Biblical values were clear in the textbooks taught, and the teachers I had did a great job instructing from a Godly viewpoint. As for the dress code, it is a minor issue when compared to all this awesome school has to offer. The fact that it is a smaller school than most really adds to the value of the school. When I attended, there was always a parent or teacher in the halls who knew me by name. That kind of community in the school body is one of the school's great points. I have been so blessed by Traverse Bay, and I know you would be too.

Traverse Bay Christian School 2

Posted August 17, 2007
I had a child in this school for many years. They have demanding expectations about everything - to an extreme (both homework wise and character wise). I did not feel the heart of this school was as concerned about helping to mold my child as they were about making rules. If you didn't wear a belt, you sat out until your parents brought in one etc. No talking in lunch etc. I love where my children go now, so I don't think it was that I was too hard to please.

Traverse Bay Christian School 4

Posted August 18, 2004
What I like most about this school is that it is a very traditional, Christian education taught by very loving teachers. A dress code of solid khaki style pants and solid colored polo shirts is in effect. Chapel is every Wednesday morning for the whole school and it is very moving to see all the students there singing, praying together and reciting scripture. The students come away with a wonderful education and good spriritual training. It is worth every penny!

Traverse Bay Christian School
1895 North Keystone Road, Traverse City, MI  49696
Last modified Traverse Bay Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Traverse Bay Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top