Bad
Good

Posted April 11, 2010
My children attend TCAPS Montessori and I am blown away by the amount of respect, empathy and responsibility the children there show. The academics are amazing: hands on, challenging and focused on our environment and being good citizens. I am so so happy with our decision. I am also a teacher and have taught in several districts and this is one great school!!! I would highly recommend it!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
I am a parent of two TCAPS Montesorri students. My kids LOVE school and we couldn't be happier. The staff get to know each child and family, and they clearly care about our kids. We feel so luck to have a public program like this available to us!

Posted August 24, 2009
I am very happy and impressed with the staff and program curriculum that TCAPS Montessori offers for my children. The staff to student ratios are smaller than traditional public school settings. The parents are VERY involved and the PTO is very, very active in raising funds for special programs and offerrings for the kids/families. I love it.

Posted August 24, 2009
I am a parent as well as an employee of the TCAPS Montessori program. My children attended even before I worked here and whene the opportunity arose to work in my kids' school building, I hopped at the chance. The staff is the best I've ever worked with. They are connected to one another professionally and in many cases socially. It is a big family atmosphere which is hard to accomplish with a large staff. I know that each teacher is extremely committed to their kids and, because of the three year cycle the children have with a single teacher, the kids all become 'family' to the staff very quickly. I will never work anywhere else. I love the kids and staff- together it's a creative, loving, learning environment- comprised of adults and children who think globally. Fantastic!! :)

Posted April 01, 2009
I pull my kids out of westwoods school because of an inept principal. TCAPS montessori has brought me kids back to there grade standards after losing a year of time at Westwoods.

Posted March 23, 2008
As a parent of two children coming from a privately-run Montessori school, I had very high expectations. TCAPS' Montessori has surpassed those expectations on all accounts. The staff is incredible and the parent community is active and supports the needs of both the children and the staff. My children are receiving a fantastic education and we're not paying thousands of dollars a year.

Posted April 24, 2007
The quality of this Montessori progrram is out of this world! Our family has been a part of the program since it began 6 yrs ago. We couldn't be more happy. The teachers are great, they work individually and get to know each child. That mean so much to us. My children have thrived and they are very different with different needs. With this program being in the public schools we have access to what the public school children usually do, like extracurriculars, music, sports, art. For the most part parents are very involved in this program as well.

Posted March 16, 2007
I absolutely love this program. It is a public run Montessori program in the Traverse City Public School district. It is an excellent program.

1009 South Oak Street, Traverse City, MI  49684
Last modified Tcaps Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.