Posted August 21, 2013
I think my school is amazing, the teachers are always encouraging you to do your best and free to help with any bulling, sometimes they do more than just console you, they solve the problem. I can't see students getting in trouble for no good reasons, if it's for something as small as talking and being disrespectful punishment is only something small like a "lunch detention" (eating lunch in classroom) , I suppose one way my school could improve on is "bonding" activities, forcing us to sit at lunch with people out of our comfort zone does not help us make new friends unfortunately. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with Larson or its activities. 5 stars from me.

Posted November 17, 2012
This is a safe school i would and will send my kids here when they are that old. This school is a good example of a safe learning environment and the teachers reach out to the students. On every door it says "I'm a teacher who wants to know about bullying come talk to me or a trusted adult and tell us what's going on and we will stop the bullying" I trust this school the grades are good, the staff if trust worthy. They treat you with respect.

Posted January 18, 2012
this is a school where you will get in trouble for talk and we are treated like trash as students if your kid that has all A+ if they are sent to the office they wont get in trouble but the c and d student will get suspended cant stand this school dont send your kids here if you do they will hate it

Posted January 18, 2012
i dont understand the point of treating kids so unfairly and punishing them for no apparent reason.

Posted August 28, 2011
Some of the teachers in the school gave out grades for a student not even in the school. They even gave the child not registered in the school excellent notations in effort and attitude/behavior in class. When this was brought to the principal and the superintendent's attention, the student not enrolled in the school received grades 2 additional times. There are inconsistencies in the way that attendance records are kept. For example, a student who was sick or at the doctor was called an unexcused absence and a child on a hunting trip was called an excused absence. The assistant principal picked the child going to the doctor as an unexcused absence and wasted tax payer dollars to have the child sent to the truancy people. The truancy people only wanted to cooperate and inform one of the child's parents. Parents have not been able get their children tested when diagnostic codes indicating need for educational help was supplied to the Troy Schools. I would not live in that area of Troy and many people have already moved out of the area.

Posted January 16, 2010
I chose to enroll my child in Larson through open enrollment (outside of his zoned school). Of all the middle schools in the Troy School District, I agree Larson is clearly the 5-star winner. When my child has encountered difficulties, I've found that for the most part, the teachers are responsive and willing to work with him and with us (his parents) to come up with a plan for resolution. The principal is VERY responsive, and does not hesitate to be fully accountable to the parents. There are some amazing educators here, and a strong bullying awareness and prevention program in place. I'm not easily impressed with public education standards in general, but in this case, I am very pleased.

Larson Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Great teachers, great staff. There are lots of opportunities for the kids to get involved.

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted October 11, 2008

Posted October 04, 2008
Great school nice teachers

Larson Middle School
2222 East Long Lake Road, Troy, MI  48085
Last modified Larson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top