Troy, MI

Wass Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
Second grade teacher is not up to the mark. Academically strong students are not encouraged. My daughter doesn't feel like going to the school. While the first two years she wanted to be at school all the time.

Posted September 13, 2014
My siblings and myself all have went to Wass. Now my children are attending as well. Last year the remaining teachers I knew have retired. The way our children are learning math and reading has also changed. I guess in a few years we will learn if it's better than the 'old way'. The parents are very involved which is great for the kids. The only problem I see is that if you want to help out, there are some parents who want the control especially with parties. I know i have signed up to head some parties and someone would just take over and plan the party and I wasn't even included. This also happened to two other moms I know.I guess that is a minor thing to have to put up with since the school otherwise is so nice. It is also nice to have the principal the day before school starts call and welcome the children back to school.My kids really enjoy that. We now have a new teacher parking lot. It looks a little cramped but it does give parents a few more parking spaces.

Posted May 25, 2013
I was a Wass student from 2000 to 2006. I absolutely loved all of my teachers and there were very few not so great teachers. My fifth grade teacher is now the principal. He was one of my favorites, as well as all of the other students, and I have absolutely no doubt that he runs the school extremely well and for the best interest of the students. I remember being engaged, challenged, and interested throughout all six years there. The teachers definitely set me up for success and always wanted the best for me. Everyone at Wass is so friendly and caring and there is a great family feel. I have such fond memories from Wass. Words can't really describe how great of an experience elementary school was for me; I would highly, highly, highly recommend Wass to every single student and parent!

Posted December 26, 2012
I have had kids at Wass for 12 years. Every year it gets even better. Our principal cares about our kids as if they were his own (BTW his kids go here- as do many TSD teachers' kids). He is involved and proactive. His postive energy ripples through the school and rubs off on everyone. Academically, I have seen many curriculum improvements in an effort to give our kids the best. I've watched great teachers hone their skills and use their experiences to become even better teachers. They team with parents to ensure our kids get the best education possible. Also, Wass is a homey and safe environment. Lastly, the plus/minus of being a "walking school"- plus is overall our community is strong because we see each other often. The minus is the parking lots is awful. The principal and teachers work hard to direct traffic but a few parents don't follow rules and mess it up. This problem could be solved if the district would provide us with a bigger lot (we have space) and if everyone just followed the rules. I would say parking problems are a small price to pay for such an exceptional eductaional experience. Thank you Wass teachers and Mr J. I am very grateful for all you do.

Posted October 11, 2012
All three of my girls are here at Wass the Principal is EXCELLENT, Mrs. Belleville is a WONDERFUL teacher, we have been at Wass Elementary for 7 years and I have 3 more years to go, LOVE Wass.

Wass Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2012
This year was the first year for my son and wow it has been the worst year of my life. The teacher Mrs Belleville is the worse ever in life the new principle Mr Janson is the weirdest man alive. This teacher make me want to just never come to another parent teacher conference..she basically talks down to you..I have so many bad things to say about this teacher until i will have written a book. Long story short, I dont recomend this school and the parking lot way to small for the school.

Wass Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2011
the school looks very nice, neat & clean, some mentioned a parking problem , but this wont be an issue for me as my kid will be picked up by the school bus. the principle is awesome, but the k teacher( Mrs. G) is clueless, she may be just fine with the 3rd. or 4th. Graders but not with the K. I'm having hrd time with my son everymorning, he doesn't like her, I voulonteered for few hours , and knew that he was totally right,, she doesn't know how to get kids attention , how to deal with bullying, and how to interact academically with kids, some parents have totally agreed with that She has zero experience dealing with such age. I would tell the principle, but he will do nothing, the program is OK, Submitted by a parent

Posted April 27, 2010
Kind and caring staff and falculty. Great kids and involved parents = great community and great school!

Posted October 03, 2009
A great staff and a very involved group of parents, plus some of the nicest kids you'll ever meet!

Posted September 16, 2009
Wass Elementary school has the most compassionate, caring and hardworking teachers imaginable. My daughter loves going to school not only because she is inspired to learned, but respected for her ideas and contributions.

2340 Willard Drive, Troy, MI  48085
Last modified Wass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wass Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top