PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great school with warm caring staff. We have always felt welcomed. Our child has a great foundation for the future, thanks to Brookfield Academy.

Amazing school! My kids are in the toddler and pre-primary programs. They follow the Montessori philosophy appropriately and the principal Mrs. Luther is warm, kind and knowledgeable. The teachers are wonderful and it's been nice getting to know the other parents who send their children to Brookfield Troy. The teachers and Mrs. Luther go out of their way to make your kids feel like family and as though they are at their home away from home. The administrative staff know each child by name and they are equally as friendly and kind. I plan to send my kids here thru grade school and can't wait until my youngest turns 18 months so that he can attend as well.

If you are considering this school, one objective factor should be the results of the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS). Request this from the front office, and you will see that there are excellent classrooms and teachers, and there are horrible classrooms and teachers. Make an informed decision. Generally, the pre-primary and lower grade instructors are very good. The upper grade teachers are a mixed bag - some excellent, some terrible.

Our child is in the same demographic (3rd and 4th grade), which means that the negative commenter was describing our child's classroom! Our class number has been constant following the first week of school - no child has been pulled out. Our educational experience has been the exact opposite. We've found the teachers to be talented, attentive, and caring, working with our child as an individual - the principal and teachers have even answered our email on the weekends. I too wish Spanish were part of the regular curriculum (it's treated as a "special," like art & music). No school is perfect, but we wouldn't send our child anywhere else. I wish they went beyond the 5th grade, honestly. It appears to me that all of the kids are working ahead of the public schools, even in their weakest subject areas. If there is anything I really don't like, it's the uniform company; I've had more bad than good experiences with them, both online and at the store. Brookfield is owned by a corporation, and unfortunately, the corporation chooses the uniform company. We were recently given an option to go elsewhere for many things (except for the patterned items); that is a huge improvement.

We strongly disagree with the negative review. Our child has been at Brookfield since Kindergarten and receives an excellent education. She's working way above grade level in reading and doing algebra in third grade. The teachers and principal are excellent and responsive to concerns we express. Two teachers and an aide for 32 kids and small group instruction in reading and math allows for great individualization and close teacher involvement. The Spanish program could be better. The homework burden is sometimes more than we would like. But, on balance, we think this is a great school for academic achievement. And we haven't seen, as said in the negative review, that "a number of parents have pulled their kids out in the middle of the school year."

The school academic standards have dropped big time over the last year. The teachers have completely lost perspective of what they are meant to do. We strongly caution parents to get references and talk to families before they enroll here and spend so much money. The school needs an extreme make over. Third and 4th grades are the worst as there is no longer any teaching. We as parents are doing all the teaching at home. A number of parents have pulled their kids out in the middle of school year.

I graduated from Brookfield Troy this year very ahead of my grade level. I did 8th grade math, reading, and 11th grade spelling. Both my two older sisters went here too with the same great outcome. This school is the best and will leave a mark on me and my sisters for life. I would like to thank the teachers and staff of Brookfield Troy for making the past eight years of my life awesome.

My son has been at Brookfield Troy since PK and is now 'graduating' from the 5th grade. Brookfield is expensive, but absolutely worth the investment. My son has received an excellent education and is ready to tackle middle school next year armed with a great base of knowledge and skills. The parents are working professionals and very involved. The faculty and staff genuinely care about your child. I hope we can find a Middle School that can measure up to the standards we have come to expect from Brookfield Troy.

This school is worth every penny. Our girls have been at this school from PK - 2nd grade and we have been more than impressed by the teaching standards and the level of care and attention that they have received. They both LOVE school and we would keep them at Brookfield through to 5th grade if we were not relocating out of state. Having been researching and interviewing other schools for next year, we have yet to find one that comes even close to the high standards set at Brookfield, Troy.

Pre-K program is amazing, Kids excel with this program. Expensive though - we were paying almost $10,000 per kid per year with child care included. We had our two girls at Brookfield for 2 years each to give them a head start. Then moved them to Troy elementary schools. We plan to put our boys through Brookfield Pre-K as well as it was that good. If we could afford the concurrent tuition we'd have all our kids in school here thru 5th grade. Other parents were great - many high level working professionals wanting great educations for their kids.

Last modified Brookfield Academy - Troy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5