Troy, MI

Posted September 26, 2013
Pemproke Elementary school is a very good school because the teachers and the staff do really care about their students and their continuous improvement both socially and on their education the only thing I would really like the school to work more on is the second language teaching it should be more enhanced.

Posted February 14, 2013
My child attends Pembroke and I am very pleased with his education and the quality of the teachers. He does bring home homework and as much as I don't care for young students having so much homework, I do accept it as a part of going to a great school district like Birmingham. I work hard with him to keep up with his homework and to study his spelling words each work. It does take dedication and effort, but I accept that. What I really love about the school is the small class size and the community feeling I get when I'm there. Instead of feeling like a big warehouse of a school like some of the other Birmingham elementary schools, this feels like the cozy neighborhood school that I attended as a child. I do feel like the teachers care deeply for their students and work hard to ensure their students' success. I like that this school is more down-to-earth than some of the other Birmingham schools which quite honestly felt way too materialistic to me. I feel like Pembroke is the best kept secret in the Birmingham School District. I hope it stays that way too!

Posted June 19, 2011
This was my first year at Pembroke Elementary after being at another school for 11 years and the students, parents, and staff made me feel like I had always been a part of the school. I love it here and hope to stay as long as they will have me.

Posted May 17, 2011
I feel very fortunate that my kids are able to receive a great foundation for learning through Pembroke. The staff seem to work and communicate so well together. I have always felt that my kids' education has been cutting edge and that they have a well balanced day as far as curriculum goes. The teachers are always working to meet a child where their needs are. What a great way to teach. I couldn't be happier with Pembroke, its staff and principal. What a great place to start!

Posted May 16, 2011
I'm confused by the 3/3/11 post. Are you certain you clicked on the correct school? My child goes to Pembroke and we could not be happier with the education he's getting. Since he's started at Pembroke, we have noticed his confidence increase tremendously. Walking into the building, you feel a sense of belonging. Teachers, principal and even the custodians greet you with a warm smile.As for homework, I've never had concerns about the amount given from any of the teachers there. In comparison to other schools that my friends' children attend, Pembroke seems to give a fair, well-balanced amount of homework appropriate to each grade level. Is the homework your child bringing home truly homework or classwork that's not being completed in class due to some other underlying issue? Could you explain what you mean when you say that the teachers do not have much exposure to children? Is 7 hrs a day, 5 days a week not enough exposure? The only reason I ask, is I'd hate for new parents interested in bringing their child to Pembroke to get an inaccurate impression of its teachers. We have been extremely happy with the education our family has received so far at Pembroke.

Posted May 10, 2011
The staff is very nice handles the issues very good .academically challenge the kids for learning more and very friendly always helpful. there is very good interaction between parents and teachers

Pembroke Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2011
This just isn't a good school. We've had so many problems with the teachers and the principal here that we've had to approach the superintendant twice this year regarding the conduct and supervision of school staff. The focus of this school's administration doesn't seem to be on building a quality education system with wonderful teachers.

Pembroke Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2010
The staff is nice, like the other review stated, but they really don't understand children like they should. It's not their fault, though - if you aren't exposed to something, then you can't understand it. They seem to send an innapropriate amount of work home with the very young students. Much of it is not reviewed in class, forcing the parents to create lesson plans and learning strategies that are usually completed by the teachers.

Posted September 17, 2009
Great teachers who embrace the latest technology to inspire kids in an intimate, nurturing environment.

Posted January 28, 2008
Wonderful school with wonderful teachers!

Pembroke Elementary School
955 Eton Drive, Troy, MI  48084
Last modified Pembroke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pembroke Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top