Schoolhouse Montessori Academy - Troy 4

Posted December 17, 2014
My child attends SMA and seems to be doing well. Everything is well organized in general, and I like how the director pretty consistently sends out emails with updates, even if they are sometimes somewhat grammatically corrupted (which I could see could cause confusion among some people and make it seem like she's rude, when she's really not in-person)--maybe someone else should type up these emails and organize them a little better? I do wish it were a little easier to get in touch with the teachers--they do not have email addresses, you can only call during a short window of time after school. I read all material that comes home with my child and attend parent teacher conferences, but feel like there is more information I could be getting if I could email the teacher directly once in a while. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, they follow the real Montessori method pretty closely, and have excellent after school programs such as art, music, dance, and more. There are two other Montessori schools within about five miles, and I would recommend Schoolhouse among the three. They are not the best Montessori school out there in my opinion, but they are certainly not the worst.

Posted January 02, 2014
My kids have attended Schoolhouse for the past 2 years. My son started in the toddler program and was potty trained by age 2. There is a high degree of diversity and I love the fact that many of my children's first friendships have been with kids of a different race or ethnicity. Most of the teachers are outstanding - engaged, passionate and dedicated to their students' learning and development. There has been some turnover, especially with the Assistant Teachers. Unlike traditional day care centers, they strictly follow the public school schedule, which has meant many vacation days spent home watching the kids (2 weeks Xmas break, 2 weeks in the summer, numerous random days throughout the year). Overall, I have been very pleased with the education, socialization and care provided at Schoolhouse.

Posted June 04, 2013
The staff here do a excellent job in grooming young kids to be independent thinkers and achievers. The children achieve more when the parents are also show active participation if the parents aren't active or don't share the same montessori vision then the relationship doesn't work well. The school could improve by providing more permanent supplemental staff for music, spanish etc

Posted June 19, 2012
The director is unorganized, selfish and very hard to get a hold of. She stumbles over her words and is not in touch with the families. My heart goes out to the staff that works with her everyday. I do appreciate the hard work and effort the staff at the front desk gives families each and everyday. They are very open, friendly and easy to talk with. They are quick to respond and answer all my questions. My child goes here and I'm very pleased with the education she is receiving as the teachers are great and well qualified. To see the progress of my daughter year to year is priceless. I just wish management would see the poor choice of hiring the new director as she will destroy the happy environment that I've come to love over the years.
2 people found this helpful

Schoolhouse Montessori Academy - Troy 1

Posted March 18, 2012
New leadership has completely ruined this school. Staff members are constantly leaving with new, (& under qualified) staff members coming in. While there have been some good teachers over the years, many have already left. Who knows how long the rest will choose to stay & deal with the unorganized & inept director. The place is being run right into the ground. They've cancelled the upper elementary portion of the school. It will essentially become a glorified & overpriced preschool. Be warned that extra help in math is a must if you enroll your children here!

Posted December 15, 2011
Love, love this school. Compared to Brookfield where I used to take my kids,my kids are know more balanced: socially, and academically. It 's like a warm family. My kids loves it and are just... happier. Academically they program has nothing to envy to any school. Kids are challenged without the pressure of showing off to their parents, therefore they do better and can't wait to get to school and learn more. I just love this school. The director is a doll...

Posted March 24, 2010
We are extrmemely pleased with the time that our son has spent at Schoolhouse. The teachers are very involved and truly seem to care about the welfare of the kids. Our son is in the elementary program and loves his teacher and the learning environment he is in.

Schoolhouse Montessori Academy - Troy 0

Posted September 08, 2009
It was hard to get in touch with the administrator. School is only interested in money!

Posted August 21, 2009
Very pleased with program. Teachers are extremely engaged & genuinely interested in the development of the students. Highly recommended.

Schoolhouse Montessori Academy - Troy
3305 Crooks Rd, Troy, MI  48084
Last modified Schoolhouse Montessori Academy - Troy is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Schoolhouse Montessori Academy - Troy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top