K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I tested the water with one of my kids and ended up sending all 4 of them to Trinity. It is a great school. I would highly recommend.

We moved to Trinity from a local public school and have been very happy with the change. It's not often that you enter a school and encounter person after person who genuinely seems happy to be there, but at Trinity, this is the rule rather than the exception. We have found the staff to be very loving and nurturing with an emphasis on encouraging growth in the individual child rather than focusing on the group and fitting into a certain mold. I highly recommend Trinity to any family who seeks a loving environment balanced by appropriate discipline and educational guidelines.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Each teacher is different in how they approach learning and classroom management but they all show a nurturing approach to supporting the children.

Amount of homework: Agree

It is a lot of homework but it seems to be well selected homework (not busy work).

Trinity is an amazing school that has helped my child grow, develop, learn and excel. A variety of learning techniques are utilized to enrich the student experience and I appreciate that the school focuses on respect for one another and Christian values. We have found that both the church and school provide a wonderful environment for our entire family. I recommend that anyone considering an education at Trinity come in and check it out –you will be pleasantly surprised.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Trinity is a wonderful school with loving, Christian teachers and pastors who are passionate to share the Good News of our Lord and Savior. Trinity also has for generations been outstanding in academics and has always more than prepared our children for successful futures. There have been some changes in the last couple years, yes, but ones that were needing to be made in order for the school to grow and continue to flourish according to God's plan and will. As a parent, I fully support and trust the decisions being made by the entire ministry of Trinity. My children love Trinity and it is just like home to them. They love the church, the school, the teachers, the children and all the activities. One of my children said to me recently that the reason he loves Trinity is because it is ALL about Jesus and that is the truth. The teachers wrap their arms around the students and care about their success in and out of the classroom. Trinity is and will remain a wonderful church and school for generations to come.

This school and church has a very false pretenses.The last few years the school has gone from great to unbearable. The award winning principal was forced to resign with no explanation to the parents in 2013, the vice principle is being let go in 2015 the end of this year due to lack of funds of students departures. The new principal for 15/16 year is under qualified he received the job because his families are members not for his experience. The recourse room will no longer have a qualified teacher to run the program, The program at which the school has used in the TAG area will no longer be available due again to lack of funds and cut backs they will make up there own and charge you additional for it "at least they did in past years", The second pastor is also leaving for reasons unknown.The atmosphere the last few years have went from loving,family,christian school to unfriendly hallways with teachers not enjoying there jobs; school board members acting as if they can do whatever they want with no regards to the bigger picture for the future. If you are not a church member move aside you will be treated as a second class parent, known as the B team. If your not on the A team you will know it. That includes all functions, clubs and sports,you name it. The school has turned into a clicky place so get ready to feel like an outsider and so will your child. It is unfortunate the school has decide to follow this path last year 2013 - 80 students left and more are on there way out this year 2015. good luck on seeing the schools test score as they dont show them and as parents we dont even receive the Iowa score for our own children. Most of the students have to get outside tutoring during the school year and summer. Maybe once there are new head leaders in place things will change but it appears the school with suffer and continue to fall before proper measures will take place.If you choose to send your children good luck!!!

I entrust my children to Trinity's wonderful teachers and staff. Trinity is filled with loving, Christ- centered staff and students. They have a rigorous curriculum, great sports and music programs and Jesus is taught everyday. It is a blessing to our family.

Absolutely love Trinity! All my children attend(ed). I love all the things offered like music and sports. The teachers deal with everything in a respectful, faith filled manner.

Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8