Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 22, 2015
Each teacher is different in how they approach learning and classroom management but they all show a nurturing approach to supporting the children.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 22, 2015
It is a lot of homework but it seems to be well selected homework (not busy work).

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 22, 2015
Students are pushed to grow and develop, even in the face of adversity. Moreover, I have seen the school nurture students in need of extra help and support

Posted June 22, 2015
Trinity is an amazing school that has helped my child grow, develop, learn and excel. A variety of learning techniques are utilized to enrich the student experience and I appreciate that the school focuses on respect for one another and Christian values. We have found that both the church and school provide a wonderful environment for our entire family. I recommend that anyone considering an education at Trinity come in and check it out –you will be pleasantly surprised.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 16, 2015
Trinity is a wonderful school with loving, Christian teachers and pastors who are passionate to share the Good News of our Lord and Savior. Trinity also has for generations been outstanding in academics and has always more than prepared our children for successful futures. There have been some changes in the last couple years, yes, but ones that were needing to be made in order for the school to grow and continue to flourish according to God's plan and will. As a parent, I fully support and trust the decisions being made by the entire ministry of Trinity. My children love Trinity and it is just like home to them. They love the church, the school, the teachers, the children and all the activities. One of my children said to me recently that the reason he loves Trinity is because it is ALL about Jesus and that is the truth. The teachers wrap their arms around the students and care about their success in and out of the classroom. Trinity is and will remain a wonderful church and school for generations to come.

Trinity Lutheran School 1

Posted June 03, 2015
This school and church has a very false pretenses.The last few years the school has gone from great to unbearable. The award winning principal was forced to resign with no explanation to the parents in 2013, the vice principle is being let go in 2015 the end of this year due to lack of funds of students departures. The new principal for 15/16 year is under qualified he received the job because his families are members not for his experience. The recourse room will no longer have a qualified teacher to run the program, The program at which the school has used in the TAG area will no longer be available due again to lack of funds and cut backs they will make up there own and charge you additional for it "at least they did in past years", The second pastor is also leaving for reasons unknown.The atmosphere the last few years have went from loving,family,christian school to unfriendly hallways with teachers not enjoying there jobs; school board members acting as if they can do whatever they want with no regards to the bigger picture for the future. If you are not a church member move aside you will be treated as a second class parent, known as the B team. If your not on the A team you will know it. That includes all functions, clubs and sports,you name it. The school has turned into a clicky place so get ready to feel like an outsider and so will your child. It is unfortunate the school has decide to follow this path last year 2013 - 80 students left and more are on there way out this year 2015. good luck on seeing the schools test score as they dont show them and as parents we dont even receive the Iowa score for our own children. Most of the students have to get outside tutoring during the school year and summer. Maybe once there are new head leaders in place things will change but it appears the school with suffer and continue to fall before proper measures will take place.If you choose to send your children good luck!!!

Posted November 17, 2014
I entrust my children to Trinity's wonderful teachers and staff. Trinity is filled with loving, Christ- centered staff and students. They have a rigorous curriculum, great sports and music programs and Jesus is taught everyday. It is a blessing to our family.

Posted November 29, 2012
Absolutely love Trinity! All my children attend(ed). I love all the things offered like music and sports. The teachers deal with everything in a respectful, faith filled manner.

Posted March 08, 2012
My family absolutely loves Trinity. There is a wonderful balance between acedemics, sports and the lessons of Christ. I couldn't be happier with the teachers and staff. My kids are thriving acedemically and socially.

45160 Van Dyke Ave, Utica, MI  48317
Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Trinity Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top