Walled Lake, MI
Students enrolled: 1,800

Posted May 16, 2013
My older daughter graduated in 2012, I have a younger daughter who is a Junior, and I graduated from Walled Lake Centeral. I would rate this school top notch. My older daughter is a well-rounded, ready to take on challenges, confident, prepared young adult. I liked the schools focus on AP classes, which set my daughter up to be ahead of the game, and on the road to success. Not only to meet expectations that college, but to exceed them. My younger daughter has received guidance from her teachers and from staff to help her succeed. She went through a personal issue that would have buried anyone else in the same situation. Her counselor was amazing, working to create a network of all of her teachers, to help her get through the toughest time in her life. It could have gone one of two ways. With the help of everyone at the school, they created an environment that she could continue to thrive, without letting this situation define her as a person. Her counselor kept focus on her success, and being "on-call" when needed. Excellent job.

Walled Lake Central High School 3

Posted May 30, 2012
This school is an good school to go to but there are ALOT of racial issues. They even had the police up here this very because the blacks and Chaldeans were about to fight. This school provides a good education but the racial problem is ridiculous. the blacks tend to only hang with black, the chaldeans with their own and white with there own. People mix with each other a little but everyone has there own group. The education though is great.

Posted January 14, 2011
As a student I think this school is amazing and really big and it has a lot to offer for the students... I am Chaldean person and Chaldeans are minority where I live , but however I got along and everyone was very helpful and nice with me... and the best thing in the school is the ESL classes and programs which helped me a lot in learning the language (I'm an immigrant). so I think the school is perfect and I'm doing very well and having fun there everyday.

Walled Lake Central High School 2

Posted November 01, 2009

Walled Lake Central High School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
It's spacious, has great teachers, and provides a very satisfactory education!

Walled Lake Central High School 4

Posted August 16, 2009
I love attending central! There really is a fantastic line up of classes and some great teachers. Yes there have been a few issues but overall it's a positive atmosphere.

Walled Lake Central High School 1

Posted August 07, 2009
Central was a horrible school to go to i went till the middle of 10th and dropped out and home schooled. There are too many racial issues and two many cliques and groups. They say its diverse yea but none gets along.

Posted July 05, 2009

Posted June 30, 2009
My daughter graduated from Central this year (2009). She has had great opportunities here. They have an amazing offering of classes; including Forensic Science, Jewelry design, Environmental Science, and many different art, language, and other special classes. Nearly all of her teachers have been wonderful, caring and helpful whenever she had trouble. Central houses the districts autistic program, my daughter has learned alot about special needs kids by getting the chance to help with them for an elective class. She loved going to Central and I'm sure she will miss the teachers, administrators and the school in general. As a side note 10% of the graduating class this year had a 4.0 GPA or higher. It s a great school.

Posted February 19, 2009
I loved this High School. Class of '06. Great atmoshpere and this is where my kids will go to school.

Walled Lake Central High School
1600 West Oakley Park Road, Walled Lake, MI  48390
Last modified Walled Lake Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walled Lake Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top