K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

St. Matthew prepared me spiritually and academically for high school and the real world. It also provided me with memories I'll never forget. I love everything about St. Matthew and would go back in a heartbeat.

St. Matthew builds an environment that isn't just a catalyst for great education and development, but long lasting friendships. As an alumni of the Class of 2014, I have had many years to appreciate the experiences I have had since kindergarten at St. Matthew. By education standards, St. Matthew has prepared me to have high goals and a hard work ethic. I often feel that I have been better prepared for high school and college, than other public school students. Not only is St. Matthew great for education, but the teachers and staff are very friendly and you are able to grow meaningful connections to your teachers and never feel like just a number. The environment at St. Matthew brings a special bond to the classes in education, friendship, and faith. I have so many great friends with strong faith that I can always talk to whenever I need them. St. Matthew is an excellent school that has had a huge impact on my life.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is fair and there is none given as busy work, all work given is for a greater educational purpose.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers participate in yearly professional development to keep up with the latest research in education.

St Matts provides such a loving, caring and supportive environment. The spiritual and academic curriculum surpasses all expectations. The staff is kind and and there are a multitude of extracurricular activities available from sports to theater to Destination Imagination. I am so blessed to have my children attend this school.

Excellent education both academically and spiritually! Both of my boys have attended since first grade and we are very pleased.

I love my school! I am graduating this year, and am so sad to be leaving. I only came in 7th grade, but I feel like I have known my class forever. My teachers are amazing, and it's such a huge difference from the private school I attended before this. I recommend this school to anyone and everyone, and will even be coming back when I am in high school.

I only wish I could have attended this school as a child. My two girls have been in this school for 4 and 2 years, respectively, and I can't say enough positive things about the school, the staff, and the family atmosphere that exists. We toured several other Christian schools and felt "at home" right away during our tour of the facilities. Compared to other local Christian schools, St Matthew is surprisingly affordable. As parents, we feel we aren't missing anything that our children would get in a public school. There is a strong focus on academics as evidenced by very good test scores. Our children are being exposed to technology at a very young age with the school's iPad lab. The teachers are phenomenal and go the extra mile when needed to help our kids succeed academically, socially, and spiritually. This school is open to all - you don't need to be a member of the host church to enroll in the school.

The small class sizes and well-qualified teachers have provided an excellent education for our children. Our son is graduating this year and has consistently scored above 90% NPR on the IOWA test assessments. He recently took the High School Placement Test and scored in top 2% in the country and received a sizeable scholarship to a local college prep school. He is not gifted, but has benefitted from the small class sizes and strong curriculum at St. Matthew. Our fourth grade daughter has to work a little harder for her good grades. Her teacher has identified her weaknesses in math and has worked with with her and other students during lunch and after school. The teachers truly care how about their students and their performance.

Only wish we would have started our children sooner, however we transferred in from a decent public school in Walled Lake. Both our kids were quickly received in their classrooms and as part of the St-Matthew family. Our first year was especially fun as we discovered all the unexpected surprises; Many sports (volley ball, basket ball, track, baseball, soccer, cheer, even equestrian!) most starting in the 5th grade. Our daughter learned valuable creative problem solving skills through Destination Imagination (DI). We also enjoyed the Musical and Choir, and the list goes on. The curriculum is challenging and well supported allowing kids with advanced abilities to grow but supporting those who need extra help. The best of all is the teaching staff and principal! The staff is committed to God, they love the children and it shows every day through their passion and dedication. We always felt as though our children were safe, loved and thriving. We highly recommend this school!

Last modified St. Matthew Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8