K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers participate in yearly professional development to keep up with the latest research in education.

St Matts provides such a loving, caring and supportive environment. The spiritual and academic curriculum surpasses all expectations. The staff is kind and and there are a multitude of extracurricular activities available from sports to theater to Destination Imagination. I am so blessed to have my children attend this school.

Excellent education both academically and spiritually! Both of my boys have attended since first grade and we are very pleased.

I love my school! I am graduating this year, and am so sad to be leaving. I only came in 7th grade, but I feel like I have known my class forever. My teachers are amazing, and it's such a huge difference from the private school I attended before this. I recommend this school to anyone and everyone, and will even be coming back when I am in high school.

I only wish I could have attended this school as a child. My two girls have been in this school for 4 and 2 years, respectively, and I can't say enough positive things about the school, the staff, and the family atmosphere that exists. We toured several other Christian schools and felt "at home" right away during our tour of the facilities. Compared to other local Christian schools, St Matthew is surprisingly affordable. As parents, we feel we aren't missing anything that our children would get in a public school. There is a strong focus on academics as evidenced by very good test scores. Our children are being exposed to technology at a very young age with the school's iPad lab. The teachers are phenomenal and go the extra mile when needed to help our kids succeed academically, socially, and spiritually. This school is open to all - you don't need to be a member of the host church to enroll in the school.

The small class sizes and well-qualified teachers have provided an excellent education for our children. Our son is graduating this year and has consistently scored above 90% NPR on the IOWA test assessments. He recently took the High School Placement Test and scored in top 2% in the country and received a sizeable scholarship to a local college prep school. He is not gifted, but has benefitted from the small class sizes and strong curriculum at St. Matthew. Our fourth grade daughter has to work a little harder for her good grades. Her teacher has identified her weaknesses in math and has worked with with her and other students during lunch and after school. The teachers truly care how about their students and their performance.

Only wish we would have started our children sooner, however we transferred in from a decent public school in Walled Lake. Both our kids were quickly received in their classrooms and as part of the St-Matthew family. Our first year was especially fun as we discovered all the unexpected surprises; Many sports (volley ball, basket ball, track, baseball, soccer, cheer, even equestrian!) most starting in the 5th grade. Our daughter learned valuable creative problem solving skills through Destination Imagination (DI). We also enjoyed the Musical and Choir, and the list goes on. The curriculum is challenging and well supported allowing kids with advanced abilities to grow but supporting those who need extra help. The best of all is the teaching staff and principal! The staff is committed to God, they love the children and it shows every day through their passion and dedication. We always felt as though our children were safe, loved and thriving. We highly recommend this school!

St.Matthew in Walled Lake has been an amazing experience thus far for our family! I cannot say enough about the staff and their dedication to our kids both spiritually and academically. We spent a few years in the WLCS system and decided that it was not for our family. Now that we have transitioned into St.matthew I can honestly say it was the best decision we have made as parents.

St Matthew Lutheran School Walled Lake. What an amazing experience!!! My son has been at St Matthews since PS4 and will be graduating in just 2 short months. I owe everything to the teachers and the principal. My son was diagnosed with a reading disability in 1st grade. His teacher brought this to my attention and he was immediately given tests to see exactly where he was academically. He was then given extra help for the following years. The teachers have been wonderful, caring and nurturing. My son now has all A's and B's and will be attending CC in the fall. I am so grateful to each any every one of the teachers at St Matts. I know that 10 yrs ago I made the very best decision for my son, his education and his spiritually. I would highly recommend St Matthews to anyone looking for a faith and academically driven education. I could not be happier!!!!

St. Matthew is a great school with plenty to offer in academics, faith, and extracurricular activities. When I started my oldest child in Preschool Three, I loved the cozy atmosphere at this school. It is still the same 13 years later. The teachers and staff are caring and nurturing. Smaller classroom size means my child receives more individual attention when needed. I am happy with the high academic standards of St. Matthew, and that they continually strive to improve. My children are/were fed spiritually and taught a sense of community and of helping others. I have three children, one still attending. Two have graduated from St. Matthew and they transitioned seamlessly into high school. There were no gaps in the education they received. They were well prepared for the college-prep private high schools they now attend. Overall, St. Matthew has been a wonderful and positive experience for me and my children.

Last modified St. Matthew Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.