St. William Catholic School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
How I wish I could rate no stars. I hated this school! I attended it only for two years. The staff gives up easily and has no control over the kids, therefore you never get to learn anything. The principal seems like she's involved, but she isn't. She only came in to yell at us. This is a great school for the special needs kids, as that is all they focus on. The kids are forced to spend their lunches with the special needs kids because the school won't hire someone to do the job. Religion was just thrown out the window.

St. William Catholic School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
I would not recommend this. The teachers gave up too easily on the students. The teachers need to control the students better or they won't learn anything.

Posted July 15, 2013
Yes, the building may not be huge or fancy... but what really matters is what's inside. St. Williams provides children with a solid foundation. Academically, socially, emotionally and most of all spiritually, the staff works to achieve this solid foundation for all God's children. The family-like bond is unique and there are many opportunities for parents to get involved. The caring staff is dedicated and is lead by an outstanding principal. Together we work to keep up with the ever changing demands of education to help our children strive to be independent, self-motivated learners. No school is perfect. There are issues everywhere you go, but St. William has helped our children grow in all areas.

Posted July 10, 2013
St William school allows parents to have a voice in your child education process. My three children all attend SWS and are excelling in high-school. The resource room is a life saver for any student who needs help but still needs to be socially included. It's truly a family atmosphere where we all care for one another and practice Gods teachings

Posted July 08, 2013
my sons go to St William, the small class size, the staff knows all the children which gives the school great resources to educate and enrich my boys school experience - i high recommend this school -

Posted July 08, 2013
St. William gets an A for attitude and approach. The faculty truly believes in helping every child succeed and makes herculean efforts to tailor their approach to meet the learning needs of every child. The school is very responsive to parent questions and concerns. Communication and follow-through is excellent. Our son is very comfortable at St. William School, and has become a more confident, caring individual through his experience there. I would recommend this school to anyone seeking a top-notch school environment, regardless of their religious affiliation.

Posted July 08, 2013
St. William cares about the kids. There is a true sense of community and the teachers are able to adjust to the individual needs of the students. We have watched our kids grow and learn each year.

Posted February 10, 2013
This school was alright. I was a student there and thought it was the best school ever. But that was because it was the only one i've been at. FOR 9 YEARS. I've been out for a while now and I now go to a much better school. I'll say there were some great memories. By the way, they have an excellent math program. There are 8th graders doing geometry. Although the books are 20 years old, it is still a great math experience. One thing I didn't like was how some classes weren't even in classrooms. They taught music in the old gym and art outside of a kitchen. The sports at St. William are pretty good. The basketball teams usually do well. Both baseball teams won their division. The football team is amazing. They made the playoffs 8 years in a row. They won it in 2010, runner up in 2009, and made it to the semi-finals in 2011 and 2012. However, their coach retired this year, likely ending the playoff run but you never know. Nobody expected the 2012 team to even have a winning record. Including myself. But instead, they went undefeated in their division, won a playoff game, and made the semi-finals. I'll say one thing about my 9 years at St. William. It was full of surprises.

Posted February 06, 2013
We spent a lot of time researching the local public schools and the local religious based schools. In the end we decided on St. William. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. Our daughter is in Kindergarten. We have been made to feel so welcome by everyone- teachers, parents, staff, students. The principal (Mrs Jackson) is amazing. The older students look out for the younger students and truly enjoy spending time with them. The Kindergarten teacher Mrs Riehl is incredible- truly incredible. I cannot imagine sending our daughter to a different school. We look forward to sending our younger children there when they are in school. There is a lot of parent involvement, and a lot of ways to get involved.

Posted October 06, 2012
St. William is an excellent school and we are so happy we choose it!! My daughter excels in this small and caring environment. The older students are so caring and protective of the younger children. It truely is a family atmosphere. I would highly recommend and encourage any parent who wants their child to have an excellent catholic education in a well rounded and encouraging atmosphere to look at St. Williams.

St. William Catholic School
135 O Flaherty Street, Walled Lake, MI  48390
Last modified St. William Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 1-9
St. William Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top