Warren, MI

Posted May 10, 2013
Lincoln Middle School is a terrible school. This is his first year at this school and I am VERY dissatisfied on the treatment towards the children who attend. I have never seen a school run like this. I am appalled that a child who is already struggling in his academics to be suspended from school for forgetting his ID. How is it possible that a child is prevented from learning by a school? In my opinion, I do not feel Van Dyke Public schools care about a child's well being or grades. They are only concerned with how many children attend their school for funding. Suspending a child from school who is already struggling is ridiculous. They are setting my child up for failure and they are not concerned with this. He did not hurt anyone, he was not violent in any way, he didn't put anyone in harms way. He FORGOT his identification!! He is not a menace, and he has never been in trouble before for any reason. In addition, the bully factor at this school is high. The teachers do not step in to prevent children from being bullied. My daughter attends a high school out of district already due to Lincoln High Schools problems. I am disgusted with Van Dyke school district.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 08, 2011
I went to Lincoln from 2007-2009 for 6th and 7th grade and absolutely hated it there. Not only are there fights and constant bullying, but, the textbooks are outdated and the curriculum itself is lacking in many areas. Don't get me wrong, I had good teachers and some friends, but the disciplinary problems are just absolutely out of control, and at times it seemed as if the students were running the school. There are teachers that care and try to make an honest attempt at helping the at-risk students, while others just don't care at all about them. The principal does not take her job seriously and they should look into replacing her. I would not EVER recommend this school for anybody. Now, I am a freshman in a much better school district that is more academically rigorous... which was what I wanted all along.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 20, 2010
August 20, 2010 My son went to lincoln Middle School for the 2009/ 2010 school year. It was his first year in middle school. It was also his worst. My son had a rumor spread around about him on the first day he attended. Ever since then he was bullied, harassed , and threatened almost every single day that he was there. Even though i went to talk to both the assistant principal and principal on numerous occasions, nothing much was done about it. My son went from an happy fun to be around student to someone who did not want to go to school at all. I did pull him out of this school and he will be attending in another district. I do not give lincoln middle school any stars. I also tell other parents to think twice before putting there son/ daughter in this school.

Posted June 06, 2009

Posted March 19, 2009

Posted August 03, 2008
My son began attending LMS 07/08 school year. He enjoyed his time there and is looking forward to 8th grade. They have excellent teachers, after school activities, sports and much more. Their athletic dept. offers all team sports: football, basketball, track, baseball, cheer etc...There is an issue with wanna be gangs and fights. If they tighten up security it would be better, not that my son feels unsafe there. All in all, LMS is great!

Posted January 18, 2007
- a former student

Posted May 10, 2006

Posted February 28, 2006
Well, the school is not the best. The teachers seem to hold grudges against you. There not vere good at there job. The school is the worst I have ever been to. I'm sorry to say this about my own school, but it is.

Posted October 28, 2005
I ve had three children attend this school and all of them excelled. I think the teachers there, for the most part, are trying to accommodate all of the children and meet their needs. I also think that it's high time that some of the parents that profess to be so worried about their child's education take an active role in it. You are your child's first resource when it comes to success.

Lincoln Middle School
22500 Federal Avenue, Warren, MI  48089
Last modified Lincoln Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top