Warren, MI

Posted September 22, 2014
My child is in kindergarten and he said that his teacher told him he needs to go back to pre school.... I work and she has all of my phone numbers....... Why wouldn't she call me in for a meeting instead of telling my 5 yr old this.... I'm sorry but that is horrible teaching skills and shame on the teacher.... she should be looking for a different grade to teach....

Posted February 13, 2013
After the reconstruction of the school, I have better hopes that the parents will be more of an active role in what goes on at this school. I attended it when I was a child and it was wonderful then. Word of advice for you, IF you are an active parent in your child's education, there is no such thing as a bad school unless it's unsafe. Maybe some of these poor reviewers should take a look at how active they are in their own kids lives before blaming it all on the school. (With exception of the lady with the office complaint. 1 star is a little harsh when you liked the teachers, but I understand her frustration.) My children will be attending school here.

Posted July 19, 2012
i had 2 children who attended this school. from 2008-2010. and let me say i liked the teachers for the most part. but the office staff was rude! there's alot of bullying at this school and on the kids bus rides home and nobody seemed to be in-charge. so when i had enough and tried to transfer my kids they gave me the run around and lost my kids files for a month. when i went to the school after numerous calls the files were sitting on a desk infront of the secretary. this school needs to get it together!!

Mckinley Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2010
I had both of my children attend this school. Yes some things have gone down hill however there are some things that are good. When my children were there they do try to find ways to encourage the student to do well with a positive behavior system. Parents i believe should be more involved with the school. The teachers and rest of the staff can't succeed alone. I feel the school will get better if there is more positive parent involvement..

Mckinley Elementary School 0

Posted August 03, 2007
I attended this school 31 years ago from k-6th grade, it was a great school then, my daughter is 9 and goes there now, it definitely has gone down thru the years , there are hardly any field trips , actually my daughter has not gone on one yet, I dont' know what is going on there but something needs to change, am considering taking my child out of there

Mckinley Elementary School 0

Posted July 17, 2007
mckinley was by far the best school to attend. i am not a parent but i also attended k-6 grade and i couldnt of picked a better school, mr. mcdermot was the best principal he was so involved and the teachers coudlnt have been better. i would agree that the school has gone down but that is mainly because the neighborhood is declining; mckinley will always be my favorite. -Amanda

Posted February 02, 2007
I am a parent of two children at this school and was also a student there my self. This school has went down hill and the students are so behind theres just no help. My children will not be going there next year; it's very bad!

Posted March 24, 2004
- a former student
Yeah I'm not a parent either but I went there. But let me just say that this school rocks. They have very nice teachers and the learning there is really good. plus they go on alot of sweet feildtrips. Plus there is a bunch of cool in school and after school activities

Posted March 09, 2004
- a former student
I am sorry but I am not a parent although I went to McKinley k-6 and I loved it. The teachers and principal are really great. They help out whenever they can. Give them a shot they are awesome. I hope to come visit them soon.

Mckinley Elementary School
13173 Toepfer Road, Warren, MI  48089
Last modified Mckinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top