Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers does teach the kids math and spelling but they do not teach the kids how to write.

Principal just don't care about staff or students. She just collecting a check. I had to go to the school multiple times because my kid was being bullied. She and the vice principal act as if my child ask to be bullied. The kids beats up the teachers as well. No discipline at this school.

This is a terrible school with the staff not being able to deal with elementary school students. The principles have no follow up with the parents. They do not allow for the students to be indentified with, discipline is just kicking the students out. Also they have malicious staff, I was standing in the office and looked on as a teacher told a student she was being suspended, the student asked why, she was truly puzzled to find out that she had slapped the teacher. I could tell from the responses of them both that this had not happened. I was informed at 7:42am that my child was suspended from school after having a discussion with the principle the previous day about my inability to find morning care for my child, I felt that this was also done maliciously. My son will not be attending Mckinley for another year.

I have two children that attend this school, they think the world of their teachers, as do I. I think we all need to keep in mind that parents have to work with their kids everyday it would help raise test scores the teachers cant do it all. I make my kids read everyday maybe an hour maybe a half hour but if all the parents worked with their kids scores would be much higher

My child is in kindergarten and he said that his teacher told him he needs to go back to pre school.... I work and she has all of my phone numbers....... Why wouldn't she call me in for a meeting instead of telling my 5 yr old this.... I'm sorry but that is horrible teaching skills and shame on the teacher.... she should be looking for a different grade to teach....

After the reconstruction of the school, I have better hopes that the parents will be more of an active role in what goes on at this school. I attended it when I was a child and it was wonderful then. Word of advice for you, IF you are an active parent in your child's education, there is no such thing as a bad school unless it's unsafe. Maybe some of these poor reviewers should take a look at how active they are in their own kids lives before blaming it all on the school. (With exception of the lady with the office complaint. 1 star is a little harsh when you liked the teachers, but I understand her frustration.) My children will be attending school here.

i had 2 children who attended this school. from 2008-2010. and let me say i liked the teachers for the most part. but the office staff was rude! there's alot of bullying at this school and on the kids bus rides home and nobody seemed to be in-charge. so when i had enough and tried to transfer my kids they gave me the run around and lost my kids files for a month. when i went to the school after numerous calls the files were sitting on a desk infront of the secretary. this school needs to get it together!!

I had both of my children attend this school. Yes some things have gone down hill however there are some things that are good. When my children were there they do try to find ways to encourage the student to do well with a positive behavior system. Parents i believe should be more involved with the school. The teachers and rest of the staff can't succeed alone. I feel the school will get better if there is more positive parent involvement..

I attended this school 31 years ago from k-6th grade, it was a great school then, my daughter is 9 and goes there now, it definitely has gone down thru the years , there are hardly any field trips , actually my daughter has not gone on one yet, I dont' know what is going on there but something needs to change, am considering taking my child out of there

mckinley was by far the best school to attend. i am not a parent but i also attended k-6 grade and i couldnt of picked a better school, mr. mcdermot was the best principal he was so involved and the teachers coudlnt have been better. i would agree that the school has gone down but that is mainly because the neighborhood is declining; mckinley will always be my favorite. -Amanda

Last modified Mckinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.