Cousino Senior High School 3

Posted August 14, 2013
One of the better schools in the area. I only went here for one year but when I left to go to my old school I was like 'Why did I switch schools, should have stayed at Cousino.' The recent 1 star reviews are inaccurate to me, when I went there my counselor helped me bring my grades up and helped me become less shy.. he was very caring. It wasn't like he said 'Welcome to Cousino, enjoy it' and then I never heard from him again. He called me down to his office several times throughout the year to check my progress. So for the most part, the staff really cares. The only cons I can think of is it's a confusing school when you first arrive, I got lost quite a bit but then you start to know the way. The only con is it was very crowded in the halls when I was there, which makes you late to class sometimes. School is only one floor though, which I liked. So not a perfect school, but a good choice in Warren.

Posted May 29, 2013
I cannot say enought about Cousino High School. The administration and staff are truly a class act - engaging, dynamic, and personable.

Posted May 28, 2013
As a parent, I am extremely pleased with Cousino High School. I get the feeling the last couple negative comments were submitted by the same disgruntled parent. The teachers are caring, the secretaries are attentive, and the administrators have been extremely helpful. The athletic teams are perennially at the top of conference. It is refreshing to be involved with a school focused on academics yet supportive of athletics and the arts. I feel very welcomed by the Patriot community. It is really a shame this has become a forum for the few disgruntled parents that do not accurately reflect the parent and student sentiment.

Posted May 23, 2013
Cousino cares mostly about anyone who is able to get all A's or are on a sports team. The assistant principals contradict each other, the principal is a figure head who like the AP's contradicts everything. The school treats CPC and Bucher students with the upmost respect but treats anyone in the WCSPA program terribly to the point of excluding it from any announcements or information to students in the program. It however welcomes any scholarships earned in the program as Cousino's personal accomplishments. The school treats transfer students terribly and does not help work with them at all. The counselors only help the students who hound them down because they just don't care. Though some teachers are outstanding most hand out a packet of notes go over them once and then move on until the test. The teachers that are near retirement or get cut due to budgetary problems openly talk badly over the school and its policies just showing how much they really care about the school and how much respect they actually have for anyone.

Posted May 22, 2013
Cousino High School lacks leadership. There are some very good teachers but the rest know that there is no standard to meet and no accountability. Counseling for post high school education is non existent. Sports programs need improvement, football program is on respirator, baseball is on low end of MAC Division(Gold), dance team lacking a good coach, as are most sports at Cousino, cheerleading focuses on on competition and not school events. The"activity" fee is also going up every year,have to pay for uniforms,one way bus to event or no buses. If your child has any talents that need nurtured and expanded this is not the place, no college connections for recruiting do your research on MHSAA. Students DO NOT come first at Cousino. Dress code selectively enforced, Principal appears weak and afarid to take charge of staff and students.

Posted March 05, 2012
I am a current African American student here, this is one of the worse schools ever, and i've attended Detroit Public School System. I wouldn't recommend this school to my worse enemy. On a daily basis I deal with bullying and racism. Everyday I deal with teachers who don't teach, all they do is be on the computers and their phones. Not to mention how disrespectful they are. Almost everyday I have to come I cry because, I can't take anymore. This school makes me want to drop out period.

Posted April 03, 2011
As a former student of Cousino (recent, class of 2008) I am very unimpressed. Most of the teachers are under-qualified, rude and care more about themselves and their paychecks then they do the students and the educations they are providing (however, this is common across the entire Warren Con district). I will say that like in every situation there are those teachers that really are wonderful but it is not the majority here. Several teachers, when I was there, were about 5 years PAST when they should have retired and their attitudes and technological lag showed it. Much of the staff, from admins to principals, are rude and incompetent; with as many people and teachers out of jobs right now Warren Con could certainly do a LOT better. With the, in my opinion, incredibly high salaries these teachers make we should have to best of the best and not the friend of a friend that needed a job. Please note this is not just Cousino it is the district as a whole! Come on Warren Con, Step it up!!!

Posted February 19, 2010
Im a student at cousino and i DO NOT recommend this school. The are absolutely no extracolicular activities and this is not a school which focuses on learning due to the budget cuts everything is getting thrown out; things like the school store, sports teams,and clubs as mentioned before. Cousino does not prepare students for the ACT and it is overall hoorrible. the school does not let its students know what to do to suceed.

Cousino Senior High School 3

Posted January 24, 2010
i think Cousino is a fine school but it dosn't have the best staff. Many teachers seem to care more about themselves rather than us as students

Posted January 04, 2009
This school is very good and safe .

Cousino Senior High School
30333 Hoover Road, Warren, MI  48093
Last modified Cousino Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cousino Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top