Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I'm a teacher (in a different district), my sister's a teacher, my mother is a retired teacher, my uncle is a retired principal, my grandmother was a teacher - I know education from the inside. My daughter, currently in 5th grade, has attended Cromie for her entire elementary career. Ignore the state ratings. This is a good school. You may not know this, but if a school has only 2 students of a particular "subgroup" and 1 of them (for any reason) fails to complete or pass a state test, that school has failed to make Adequate Yearly Progress according to the state. Personally, that's not how I measure a school. In 6 years (and over the course of 3 different principals) at Cromie, my daughter has consistently experienced caring, excellent teachers, strong academics, and a school-wide climate of support and intentional values training. Even when the 4th grade classes were over-filled last year, there just weren't the incidents you'd expect - fighting, bullying, they just didn't happen. That wasn't luck - it was Cromie. This is an excellent school, and I am delighted that my son will be entering Cromie next year.

Supports LD students: Neutral

No experience with their system of support for learning disabilities. They do differentiate within the classroom for differing ability levels.

This is my second year at Cromie. I have a child in 5th grade and last year I had children in 4th and 5th grade. I have to say that compared with the other schools that we have be a part of this one is the best. The princle Mr. Konal is very involved and supportive. He is not afraid to discipline poor behavior and he is quick to praise positive behavior. Most of the teachers are great and the PTO is very involved and has wonderful programs for the kids. I am sorry that my son will be leaving at the end of the year to move on to middle school.

I agree with the other parents who gave reviews for this school. I have 2 sons currently attending Cromie and the experience so far has been very wonderful. The principle, teachers, staff have are all very involved with the kids and parents. They always encourage the kids to do their best and not push them too much. Mr. Konal is a great principle. He always has encouraging words and knows how to handle a tough situation. I give Cromie Elementary, the Cougars a two thumbs up. I would recommend everybody who has young kids to attend Cromie!

Last modified Cromie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.