Warren, MI

Wilkerson Elementary School 1

Posted April 06, 2015
Not the school for your special needs children. They would rather send the student home than try to work with them. They even LOST my 5 year old more than once!!!! Several times he was found wandering around outside the school in the parking lot!!! When I approached the teacher with concerns I was told "I have 28 children in my class, I can't be concerned with the issues of just one." WHAT?!? No parent wants to hear their child is unimportant due to the number of students in your class! They do not follow IEPS as anything diffrent your child may need to succeed would be"unfair" to the other children. You also do NOT stand over a 5 yr old when they are on the floor and tell them they are bad (yes, this was done right in front of me) I ended up transfering my children due to the lack of caring of the entire staff.

Wilkerson Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2015
Infectious disease nightmare. I had to remove my son from the school because of pink eye and strep-throat. I put him in a different school and he has not been sick since. They have carpeting throughout, and they are only cleaned once a year. They vacuum the dirty carpet 2 times a week. They also have a new principle this year, and they are no longer allowed to go into separate doors. Only 3 doors now. Front, Kinder-garden and 5th grades are open. Drop off nightmare!! If I told you about the lunch room you might vomit. Community spoons and forks not even wrapped. I found a rotten pancake in one of the fork trays! Totally sick!

Posted November 25, 2014
Caring and clean environment smart stuff my kids love to be there and always miss their teachers.

Posted November 24, 2014
Excellent teachers and caring stuff theschool is clean and friendly environment no bullying in any kind i feel safe for my to be there .

Posted August 28, 2013
wilkerson elemantery school is a very good with kids and how they feel and learn I love it and my kids love it and like the teachers and the princeble he is always there for their needs

Posted February 04, 2013
I have 2 children at Wilkerson and I absolutely love this school. Teachers are wonderful and I love how the principal, Mr. Karpinski, is involved. I feel very fortunate and proud that my kids attend this school. From my experience, this is what an EXCEPTIONAL and an OUTSTANDING school should represent.

Posted February 01, 2012
The teachers definitely care at this school. The front office staff is excellent. If you have a kindergartener I would suggest Ms. Choike she is awesome. She has taught both of my boys and they adore her. You can volunteer your time at this school and participate in many functions. This school works like a close knit community.

Posted January 24, 2012
Moving around alot this has been the best Elementary school so far for my children. The teachers and staff are wonderful!!!

Posted June 16, 2010
Best school ever! Miss Kutchey is the best. Leadership in this school is exceptional. My son enjoyed every moment of it and I did too.

Posted June 05, 2009
The principal was available as soon as I wa,lked in without and appoitment. The school was immaculate. Very clean throughout which was surprising to see compared to the other public schools I've been to. The huge and separated playground felt very safe as well as the special entrances and exits for specific grades. Most of all, I LOVE the recognition ceremonies that occur every two weeks. Eventually every student will be recognized for something. VERY VERY good idea!!

Wilkerson Elementary School
12100 Masonic Boulevard, Warren, MI  48093
Last modified Wilkerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilkerson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top