Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

All three of my kids have attended Wilkerson and we love it. The teachers are great--lots of personal attention.

Amount of homework: Agree

There was more and more homework as my kids got older. It felt appropriate for them.

Save yourself some pain and take your child/children elsewhere in Warren. I have 2 children in the school and we have been here 3 years. Had no issues what so ever until the new principal came in. He is more concerned with parking lot and circle drive and lunchroom procedures than the academics and safety of students. I've decided after this year, I'm pulling my kids from this school and sending them to another school if he is returning in the fall as principal. He likes to overlook serious issues and do nothing, but put attention and nonsense phone calls on things that could be handled easily. Worst principal ever, and I am not the only one who feels this way, there are many many others.

Have had 2 children in this school. Had no issues until last year when a new principal started. I feel he is not concerned with the students academics or safety one bit. As the last review stated he is more concerned with the numbers. I feel certain "bad kids" are targets and no matter what they do they will always be in trouble. The Secretary's and most of the teachers are great. We have had some less than great teachers, but overall good. The administration is not the best I've seen. Funny how I've never had an issue with my child until this new principal came. I don't feel confident in him at all and if I had a child going into this school I would find a school of choice. Fortunately we move to Carter next year

My child has been attending Wilkerson Elementary for a few years now. We really loved the school until a new Principal came in last year. It seems that since then, everything has gone down hill. I do not recommend this school. This principal is not attentive to the academic needs of the students. He does not communicate well with parents or students. He is not interested in helping you to push your child to their full learning potential. It's all about the numbers. Your child is a number in one of his classrooms. That's it. Now, if you are having a parking lot issue or lunchroom issue, this principal will be certain to help you out. The teachers are all really nice, but we have only had 1 teacher who went above and beyond all the time. She was truly interested in the success of my child. She believed in my child and she let us know this. I think there is way too much focus on the children with behavioral and discipline issues. They always get more attention than what I believe is deserved at school. Behavioral and discipline issues should be communicated and handled with the parents...not by giving the students extra attention everyday at school. What about the kids who don't have issues like this? They are good kids coming to school ready to learn. What happens with them? It seems they are pushed aside and noted as "independent workers". The families at Wilkerson are friendly. The PTO is amazing. They put on a lot of activities for our students and they seem to get a lot of parent involvement to make all the activities a success.

Not the school for your special needs children. They would rather send the student home than try to work with them. They even LOST my 5 year old more than once!!!! Several times he was found wandering around outside the school in the parking lot!!! When I approached the teacher with concerns I was told "I have 28 children in my class, I can't be concerned with the issues of just one." WHAT?!? No parent wants to hear their child is unimportant due to the number of students in your class! They do not follow IEPS as anything diffrent your child may need to succeed would be"unfair" to the other children. You also do NOT stand over a 5 yr old when they are on the floor and tell them they are bad (yes, this was done right in front of me) I ended up transfering my children due to the lack of caring of the entire staff.

Infectious disease nightmare. I had to remove my son from the school because of pink eye and strep-throat. I put him in a different school and he has not been sick since. They have carpeting throughout, and they are only cleaned once a year. They vacuum the dirty carpet 2 times a week. They also have a new principle this year, and they are no longer allowed to go into separate doors. Only 3 doors now. Front, Kinder-garden and 5th grades are open. Drop off nightmare!! If I told you about the lunch room you might vomit. Community spoons and forks not even wrapped. I found a rotten pancake in one of the fork trays! Totally sick!

Caring and clean environment smart stuff my kids love to be there and always miss their teachers.

Excellent teachers and caring stuff theschool is clean and friendly environment no bullying in any kind i feel safe for my to be there .

wilkerson elemantery school is a very good with kids and how they feel and learn I love it and my kids love it and like the teachers and the princeble he is always there for their needs

Last modified Wilkerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.