Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I would like to send a HUGE thank you to Mr. Wayne Janda for being an outstanding teacher. He was my son's favorite teacher in elementary and was thrilled to see that Mr. Janda moved up to the middle school with the 6th graders. This teacher goes above and beyond any teacher I have ever experienced in the district (my daughter graduated WWT in 2011 as well). He was my son's 2nd grade teacher and my son struggled tremendously grasping reading, etc. and Mr. Janda helped to make sure Conner got in with the right extra help from not only the IEP teachers, but from himself as well. My son excelled through receiving that help and was released from the IEP by Jan of 5th grade because he exceeded expectations and no longer qualified (yay!). When Conner received Mr. Janda as a teacher this year in sixth grade, he noticed the amazing transformation in Conner and did the most awesome and amazing thing I've ever seen a teacher do! He acknowledged Conner to the class, complimented him on how far he has come (from IEP to honor roll student!) and made Conner feel like a rockstar, he ran to the car that day full of smiles and couldn't wait to tell me all about it! I've seen Mr. Janda consistently acknowledging students and complimenting them, making learning a fun experience - which very rarely ever happens these days in most classrooms k-12 sadly, and go above and beyond for his students constantly. He is the best teacher I've ever encountered and am forever grateful for all he has done to help my child go from struggling thru school to excelling. Conner asked me last week if Mr. Janda could move up to 7th grade with them next year because he's "the best". This man has my gratitude forever! So Mr. Janda, if you get to read this somehow, "a huge Thank You and You Rock" from this very grateful mom and a son who wouldn't be where he is today without your help along the way! We appreciate you! The Howard Family!

Warren Woods Middle School 4

Posted May 04, 2016
So far so good. My son has enjoyed his first year there and as long as he remains happy, I remain happy.

Warren Woods Middle School 1

Posted May 27, 2014
I rate the school 0. They say they don't tolerate bullying, they only protect the bullies.all you ever hear is I will take care of it, l will take care of it, it never changes and no they don't take care of it! The teachers are no better then the bullies because the teachers are bullies as well. They should have kept the 6th graders in elementary school where they belong. This school is a joke! They never do what they say they're going to do including the ad building and going by their rule book they don't go by that either. F!!or your kid's sake don't choose Warren woods!!!!

Posted July 26, 2013
Warren Woods Middle School is a wonderful school with very involved teachers. The staff is kind and makes you feel at home. Most of the students there are nice but there are some cliques (like in most schools) Overall I loved my years at the middle school and miss them!

Warren Woods Middle School 2

Posted August 02, 2011
I recall my 8th grade algebra teacher preaching to us that we should all attend church. This was horribly inappropriate in a public school.

Warren Woods Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2010
Okay, I wasn't going to review, but I am now. I had a terrible experience at WWMS. Many eighth grade teachers did more discussing than giving assignments, some teachers would give you all the answers to worksheets, and not give us the opportunity to try on our own, the girls on the volleyball team (eighth grade) got prefatory treatment by male teachers, and some of it when you closely examine it seems weird. Male teachers would joke in inappropriate ways to the class, then when we would talk, we were scolded (he shouldn't have set himself up for it). The administration never honored the dress code, as in girls were almost always walking around looking very revealing (i.e., booty shorts, spaghetti strap shirts, cleavage). One of the Algebra teachers never really collected homework. Cliques and bullying are prominent at that school. Warren Consolidated is a better choice.

Posted April 29, 2010
Officer Dale makes my daughter feel uncomfterable. Once I remember him saying 'Don't mess with my girls, They're my girls. ' To this day I regret not saying that didn't sound right. The teachers expect too much out of the children. They give too much homework. The students are miserable because all the students do is gossip, argue, make up rumors.. etc. And no one deals with it. It is true that the school is full of cliques. I do not want my daughter to attend Warren Woods MS , Again.

Posted April 15, 2010
My daughter attended WWMS and is a freshmen now at WWT, she loved her years at WWMS. She mentioned that cliques existed, but was happy with her group of friends and paid little attention to the 'so called popular group'. She was active in sports, loved the teachers and is active in sports and in advanced classes at WWT now. As a parent I was active with the WWMS PTC and felt it was a welcoming and caring group supported by the school's administration. I feel it's important for parents to proactively be involved. I would definitely recommend Warren Woods MS.

Posted August 17, 2009
very good i love this school!!!! it gives you skills that you will need when you go off on your own!!! whouldnt trade the school!!! everyone is so nice and VeRy friendly!!!.... You get a 10 out of 5 stars!!! love!!! ;)

Warren Woods Middle School 1

Posted February 26, 2009
The administration at WWMS completely ignores the terrible way students treat each other. Gossip, name-calling and cliques are everywhere. There's one day, 'No Dissing Day,' that acknowledges the problem - but what does that make every other day? It is hard for children to learn in this atmosphere.

13400 East 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI  48088
Last modified Warren Woods Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.