Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted January 10, 2016
This is my sons 2nd year here at Westwood. We recently after obtaining custody of my Step son enrolled him to Westwood as well. I must say my son is very active and has had his up and downs of focusing and paying attention. Our children have what you would recer to as all A's. Parents must also keep in mind it takes both the teachers and parents to work together to assure their kids success in and out of the classroom. Our teachers have goals as well as we do at home. The teachers here push the kids and are very forward with us. We also hold ourselves and our children accountable to their potential and classroom expectations. Overall the school is excellent. Open communication and hard work is a requirement for all arou d success. Its not easy making goals as it is not suppose to be. Thank you to the staff for being wonderrful. As far as any low reviews on here I think it has alot to do with parenting as much as it has to do with any teachers. My son picked on a kid on the bus I made him walk to the house and apologize. he never picked on anyone again. Parents need to take ownership of their childrens behavior and have a goal in place. The teachers do an excellent job at meeting the parents goals at school it is up to the parent to e press concern if there are any.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 10, 2016
Mrs. White is an excellent teacher! Her experience shows. I have an immense amount of respect for Mrs. White as she holds kids accountable for their actions and their abilities for work.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted October 21, 2015
The system they use to model positive and negative behavior has plenty glitches in its descriptions.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 21, 2015
A school system that is reactive but lacks the skill set and the ability to be pro-active.

Westwood Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2015
First I must say in order to have excelling education you have to have order; to have order you must have have experience with those that can provide order. The teachers at this school lack the ability to have consistent order with their classrooms as well as lack the skill set to know how to stabilize behavioral children. Now you see why the school doesn't have any good reviews since 2013......umm. Think twice before you send your child their.

Posted June 03, 2013
We decided to do school of choice and chose Westwood. It was the right decision. We love the school. Our teacher is awesome!!!

Posted September 23, 2011
We love this school! 2011-2012 school year begins a new era at Westwood with a new principal. She is very involved and seems genuinely interested to meet the students, families, and getting to know everything about the school. The office administrators are pleasant and helpful. We have been happy with all the teachers both my children have had. The teachers go above and beyond basic teaching requirements, helping with student council, annual talent shows, and after school events. The school has implemented the the Lucy Calkins writing program and Accelerated Reader program, which motivate the students and make these essential elementary skills fun. The PTC offers wonderful events each month, including Family Game Nights, and a school bowling program, that help cultivate a true school community.

Westwood Elementary School 4

Posted December 09, 2008
Westwood is filled with many caring teachers and parents. Though the principal could show a little more interest in the students, overall - the school is prepareing our kids for Middle school well. The parents for the most part are invovled though, I ahae been to a few PTC meetings and it is a shame that only 3-4 parents show up. And then they complain about the PTC. The PTC is a good group of hard working moms who do ALOT for our school, our children and our families. It will be interesting to see if anyone can step up and fill their shoes in 2009-2010 when there will be a whole new committee. Westwood Wildcats RULE!!!!

Posted October 05, 2008
This is a wonderful school. I have met many great educators, teachers and students. The teachers and staff really care about our kids. Many communicate via the internet, phone, notes, etc. I feel involved with my child'[s education. I don't want to know a conferences that there is a problemm, I want to know now and I feel theopen line of communication that the teachers and staff have with the parents allows for that. The PTC is a great group of parents. They do many wonderful things for our children, from family game night to the end of the year fun day, to helpng raise money for field trips and purchasing items needed in the class room. I would recommend Westwood to any parent!

Posted April 15, 2008
The principal cares, only about MEAP scores. The retention rate is very high which says alot about the teachers. The PTO is a tightknit clicky organization that is not open to suggestions. The worst thing about the school is the parking situation, with the principal nowhere in site.

11999 Martin Road, Warren, MI  48093
Last modified Westwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.