Warren, MI

Pinewood Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
I feel horrible Mr. Sikora's name got auto corrected in my last post, I wish there was an edit option!

Posted April 22, 2013
Mr. Sikora has made considerable improvements to the school. I am proud of this excellent neighborhood school and could not be happier with my child's progress.

Posted April 13, 2013
I love everything about Pinewood. Teachers are wonderful. Kim that works in office is always very pleasant and always taking extra time to help out parents and kids. We have had 3 principals since my kids have been there and all have been great. I cant understand why the score is only 4 it should be a 10.

Posted September 20, 2012
Pinewood is an excellent school. Mrs. Farrell Mrs.G and Mrs. Ansell are wonderful loving teachers. My son is in the SLI speech learning impairment program at Pinewood. These 3 teachers are so caring and helped me and my son Eric alot!!! I would love for Eric to stay at Pinewood until he graduates. MISD speech program only provides transportation until the child reaches fourth grade. Thank you Pinewood teachers and staff for everything you have done for Eric!

Pinewood Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2012
Kindergarten classes are all at full capacity. Few if any parent volunteers. Overwhelmed teachers. Poor communication (no electronic communications with the school, weekly newsletter lacks detail, no follow-up on events until the day before. Only found out in January, that the school has been selling pencils, erasers, toys, etc in the cafeteria at lunch since the beginning of the year and that the kids are supposed to bring cash to buy this stuff. I found out when my child burst in to tears because he is always left out because he didn't bring money. Maybe if you had a bright 5th grader they could read and understand what was going on themselves, but for a parent of a young student, I feel like I am out of the loop even though I am trying.

Posted March 18, 2010
Pinewood is a great school. My daughters are 6 and 8 years old. The teachers they have and had in prior years have been great. My 8 year old has Mrs. Sayers and she is wonderful. She is very open about calling her if you have any questions and she never makes you feel like you are bothering her. She truely cares about the children. Last year my 8 year old had Mr. Declark and he is another teacher that is great. He also truely cares about the kids and has a great program in the class room where each child picks a stick with a child's name on it, and they have to play with that person at recess. This way they get to know more kids and certain kids will never be left out during recess.

Posted March 08, 2010

Pinewood Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
I love Pinewood. This is my kids' first year there and so far I am happy with it and they are also. All staff communicates well and keeps parents well informed, and there are good extracurricular activities.

Posted May 13, 2008

Posted April 08, 2008
My son is in Mrs. Witgen's AM KG. Let me say she's awesome and I've couldn't ask for a better teacher. You're always welcome to help out in the classroom. The school is great and the office ladies are so helpful and nice and they know each kid, and you'll see the principal every morning greeting parents and kids. This is a wonderful school , I only wish Mrs. Witgen could be his his teacher every year.

Pinewood Elementary School
14411 Bade Drive, Warren, MI  48088
Last modified Pinewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top