Bad
Good

Pinewood is a great school and has great staff! I have two kids enrolled in this school A fourth grader and a first grader, and they both love going to school everyday. Although this year with the new principal the email reminders are not as good as they were last year, as most parents have full time jobs and are very busy with after school activities it's hard to remember everything and these emails are not getting sent out as often as they were last year.

I feel horrible Mr. Sikora's name got auto corrected in my last post, I wish there was an edit option!

Mr. Sikora has made considerable improvements to the school. I am proud of this excellent neighborhood school and could not be happier with my child's progress.

I love everything about Pinewood. Teachers are wonderful. Kim that works in office is always very pleasant and always taking extra time to help out parents and kids. We have had 3 principals since my kids have been there and all have been great. I cant understand why the score is only 4 it should be a 10.

Pinewood is an excellent school. Mrs. Farrell Mrs.G and Mrs. Ansell are wonderful loving teachers. My son is in the SLI speech learning impairment program at Pinewood. These 3 teachers are so caring and helped me and my son Eric alot!!! I would love for Eric to stay at Pinewood until he graduates. MISD speech program only provides transportation until the child reaches fourth grade. Thank you Pinewood teachers and staff for everything you have done for Eric!

Kindergarten classes are all at full capacity. Few if any parent volunteers. Overwhelmed teachers. Poor communication (no electronic communications with the school, weekly newsletter lacks detail, no follow-up on events until the day before. Only found out in January, that the school has been selling pencils, erasers, toys, etc in the cafeteria at lunch since the beginning of the year and that the kids are supposed to bring cash to buy this stuff. I found out when my child burst in to tears because he is always left out because he didn't bring money. Maybe if you had a bright 5th grader they could read and understand what was going on themselves, but for a parent of a young student, I feel like I am out of the loop even though I am trying.

Pinewood is a great school. My daughters are 6 and 8 years old. The teachers they have and had in prior years have been great. My 8 year old has Mrs. Sayers and she is wonderful. She is very open about calling her if you have any questions and she never makes you feel like you are bothering her. She truely cares about the children. Last year my 8 year old had Mr. Declark and he is another teacher that is great. He also truely cares about the kids and has a great program in the class room where each child picks a stick with a child's name on it, and they have to play with that person at recess. This way they get to know more kids and certain kids will never be left out during recess.

I love Pinewood. This is my kids' first year there and so far I am happy with it and they are also. All staff communicates well and keeps parents well informed, and there are good extracurricular activities.

My son is in Mrs. Witgen's AM KG. Let me say she's awesome and I've couldn't ask for a better teacher. You're always welcome to help out in the classroom. The school is great and the office ladies are so helpful and nice and they know each kid, and you'll see the principal every morning greeting parents and kids. This is a wonderful school , I only wish Mrs. Witgen could be his his teacher every year.

My child is in PM Kindergarten. Her teacher, Mrs. Turney is wonderful! My child learned so much in her class. Mrs. Turney has great control over her class room and she is so patient. I so hope that when my younger daughter attends fall of 2008 she will still be teaching and has her as her teacher. Parent involvement is plentiful in her class and the programs Pinewood offers are good. It has only been 1 year my child has been at Pinewood but so far I have no complaints about Pinewood. It helps when you have great teachers like Mrs. Turney!

Last modified Pinewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.