No rating

St. Anne Catholic Grade School

Private | K-8

Living in Warren

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $93,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted March 23, 2011

We have 3 children from preschool to 6th grade at St. Anne and are very happy. The school is clean and welcoming. We have great staff. I have yet to have complaint about my children s teachers. Class size is mid to upper 20 s. Tuition is one of the lowest in the archdiocese. It costs more to educate the children then we actually pay. Funding for the children s education is offset via church tides and the festival. St. Anne is accredited and meets Michigan standards. St. Anne is a safe, christian based school with good academics. God is a part of the everyday. My children are happy and thriving. We love the families and are very proud to be part of this community. If you are looking for a family oriented, religious based, academically sound and fairly priced private school check us out and see if we are the right fit for your family.

Posted March 23, 2011

I have had my children and grandchildren "graduate" from St. Ann's as well as other schools, public an private, in the area. St Anns is by far the best that I have experienced. The teachers are the most involved, caring, and open that I have ever dealt with Our principal been there a few years, he is very engaged and involved with the children and he is well respected by the staff, students and parents.. Whenever I have had to contact the school, He responded to my call very rapidly, responded to my concerns in a timely manner and resolved any concerns that I may have had., I would have to rank him as one of the finest administrators that I have dealt with. I would recommed this school to anybody seeking a quality education for their children or grandchildren.

Posted March 22, 2011

My child is a current student at St. Anne and I am beyond happy with our experience. The teachers are well educated and are willing to work with you and your child to ensure that they succeed. The moment you walk through the doors you feel welcome and at home. The tuition is very affordable and the school is always willing to work with you if you need help. This school has been a pillar in the community for many years and continues to produce individuals that succeed in high school and in life. I am very proud to call myself a St. Anne parent!

Posted July 25, 2010

If looking for a small familily oriented school that is involved with Christian values, then look no further. My youngest son attended starting in the 5th grade and graduated from here and went on to DeLaSalle. Now his son attented the new Pre-K program, which really prepared my grandson for school for the 2010-11 year. The parents and teacher know each other really welll and classrooms are small. It has been a great and wonderful experiience.

Posted June 4, 2010

We have had a wonderful pre-K experience here at Saint Anne. I loved how personal the experience has been and all the nice touches along that way that made this past school year very special. Communication with the teachers was excellent and both the teachers and office staff sent out regular email to keep us informed. We loved that this preschool program was more like Kindergarten than any other program we looked into and especially liked how the kids were integrated with the rest of the school for church, lunch, Christmas concert, yearbook, etc and received real school experience. Everyone in the office and latch-key were also very pleasant to deal with and really contributed to a family atmosphere. The teachers in the higher grades also seemed to be very energetic; I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted April 12, 2008

The sports program, which is run through the parish, is phenomenal. (You do not have to attend the school to participate in the sports programs, by the way.) The teachers are truly outstanding. The administration leaves a lot to be desired, as should be expected with a new, inexperienced principal. Next year they might add an assistant principal to help fill in the gaps; this should help improve parent-school communication, resource scheduling, and allow adding academic-related extracurricular activities for those students between sports seasons. Parents unwilling to volunteer time are given the option of paying higher tuition. Overall, this is an adequate school and my child is happy with it.

Posted March 25, 2008

I was a graduate of St. Annes in 2005. I thought I received what teachers said was a high school prepatory education and went on to De La Salle. I immediately fell behind because I was not prepared for high school in the science, history, and math areas especially. The teachers, for the most part, were very nice at St. Annes, but most of them have left due to the regime change. They have honestly drained all of the fun from what was a pretty fun time by taking away dress down days and other fun days. The only reasons I liked St. Annes at the end were for the top of the line sports teams and the fun we had messing around. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless their son/daughter is a huge sports person like me.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 9, 2008

I have one child attending St Anne. They have a new pastor and a new pricipal. As the previous principal was at the school 35 years, of course there is going to be a lot of changes occuring. Both teachers and parent who dislike change are going to be unhappy and will move on. They need to do so. Change is hard, however the schoolboard, the pastor and the principal are dedicated and hardworking. This school is a good school. It is going to become a great school moving into the future. I would recommend St. Anne to anyone. I've taught in the public schools for over 20 years and have seen several principal changes and the results of these changes. St. Anne will continue to be a good school and will develop into a great school! Come to St. Anne, participate, and see for yourself!

Posted February 28, 2008

I have 2 children enrolled at St. Anne. One is in 8th grade and will be graduating this May. The other is in 5th grade. Both have been there since Kindergarten. We absolutely love the school. The sense of pride in the community is very strong. The new principal is very committed to moving the school in the right direction. He is updating and rewriting curriculums - making the education my daughters receive even better than it already is. There are some teacher's who are stuck in the dark ages and need to go....I believe they will be gone after this year because they aren't comfortable with the changes that are coming. Homework can be heavy at times, but the teachers show flexibility with the students. The faith based education - impressive! Extracurriculars - especially the CYO sports - are exceptional. St. Anne is getting better all the time!

Posted May 30, 2006

The education at St. Anne is excellent and the school's curriculum is impressive. For the most part, our son was doing really well at school. But recent events had led us to pull our child out. Along with the academic aspect, we expected St. Anne to foster discipline. However, to constantly berate and humiliate the misbaving child in front of other child rather than to understand a discouraged child is not discipline. Such actions only kill the child's spirit. We attempted to resolve the problem by exploring with our child's teacher the root cause not just at home, but in the classroom. Much to our disappointment, the teacher only fired us back with insults directed at our child, instead of entertaing some possible problems and solutions. This was not the kind of treatment we would have expected from a Catholic school.

Posted April 25, 2006

Although St. Annes is not for everyone. I do believe what you put in you receive back ten fold. My three children attend St. Anne. The education is top notch if you as a parent realize that it is parents and teachers working together, supporting each other and holding your children accountable that make for a successful, respective, well educated young adult. You will find teachers in a rut at any school but you will not find the committment to a community like you do at St. Anne's. Every school has its good and bad points but for us the good far out weigh the bad. Parents that get involved can make a difference. There are tons of opportunites to find your place. Working together is what makes St. Anne a work in progress.

Posted April 23, 2006

We have had 5 children attend this school. out of the 5 only one did well. This school need to regroup. Some of the teachers have been there so long that they are just there to finish there employment before they retire. They are really very clicky when it come to who they like and dislike. The teachers in the lower grade need to be removed and have teachers who understand children. The yelling and screaming is not the way to go. Everone there seems to not take action when these teachers behave badly. There enrollment has gone down because of the teaching staff. If they want students in this school they need to get rid of these teachers. As far as I am concerned nothing has change this year. Ms. Karen needs to come back. She was one of the best things this school had.

Posted December 9, 2004

There are some exceptional teachers at St. Anne. I think there is a lot of parent envolvement, which is good. However, St. Anne allows a few parents to be to involved. They spend their whole day there. It's enough to make you sick. St. Anne allows this. The sports programs are good. The principal is fair, the assistant principal isn't very good. They could have made a much better choice. As far as the lunchroom, parents volunteer, some are really cruel, some are fair. They do need a better lunch program.

Posted September 26, 2004

I personally have went to this school and to be honest I hated it. some on here also mention something about being in a click...so true, yeah your life is great if your buddies with the right people. even the pastor is a pro at picking his favorites and if your not one of them...then sorry your educational expierance wont be the same as others. So in conclusion the constant act of ingoring things on behalf of the administration needs to be changed, but hey they are only puppets of the popular clicks and parishioneers so dont expect any drastic changes.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 24, 2004

I am extremely happy with the school. I am a very involved parent and see the hard work and dedication the teaching staff puts forward. The staff truly works on building self confidence and good character. The thoughts of being well respected, kind and thoughtful of others is constantly re-enforced. St. Anne gets my vote!!!
—Submitted by a staff

Posted September 24, 2004

Our two children graduated from St. Anne School,having attended since kindergarten. Our son and daughter were exceptionally well prepared to enter private high schools in the area, where each went on to graduate at the top of their class. This was due in no small part to the well rounded religious and academic curriculum modeled and provided at this outstanding school. The well qualified administration and teaching staff, many of whom hold advanced degrees, consistently encourage and foster Catholic Christian values. Parent involvement is highly encouraged and appreciated at St. Anne. Our parent led Computer Committee, for example, has led the way toward internet learning in a safe environment for our students and instructors. Respect for others and showing love of God through caring for others is instilled in the students from the earliest grades. Safety at school is and has always been paramount at St. Anne School.

Posted September 23, 2004

I enjoy teaching at St. Anne School. We have a warm and caring staff of dedicated professionals. Our teachers are committed to their students and always go that extra mile for each and every child. Our school parents value an excellent education and an environment that nurtures children. We have a strong academic program and encourage our students to work to their potential. When I read the past negative reviews it was easy to understand that those parents were most likely unwilling to meet the standards of our school. We provide discipline and guidance to assure that every student can learn. We don't tolerate negative, unruly behavior. We encourage open communication with our parents and welcome them into our school. If you desire an exceptional Catholic education for your child, consider St. Anne School.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 23, 2004

I think that St. Anne is a great school to send your child for a quality catholic education. The teachers are all highly qualified and dedicated to making a difference in each child's life. The teachers there are over-worked and under-paid. In a previous comment made by a parent they are upset about teachers doing tutoring on the side, for some teachers it supplements the income and every penny helps! The students in the school all seem to be happy and pleased with the teachers, administrators, and staff at St. Anne. Students are treated with respect and are praised for their great efforts.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 17, 2004

I was shocked to learn that there was little to no supervision on the playground, and when i brought it up to the office they told me it was my problem. I was paying the for what, poor teaching? And alot of fundraisers. And if your child needed help, you can pay the teacher side money to tutor - yah right save your money, go public.

Posted September 16, 2004

This school is a very good school. It provides a good education for everyone who attends. The building may need work but the building you learn in doesn't make a difference in how smart you become. The coaching staffs and teachers are wonderful. Also, when your child gets in trouble and yelled at, don't be a liberal and blame everyone else but your kid.
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 4% N/A
Multiracial 3% N/A
African-American 1% 20%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (586) 264-4533

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Detroit