PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 15, 2015
This school is a joke. I had to take my children out of this school because the teachers were unprofessional and my children were being bullied. I took my daughter out before 7th grade and son before 5th grade. They were tested with an entrance exam at their new school and scored a 3rd grade math and science level. IC failed at providing my children with any good educational background. A year later, my children are flourishing at their new school and they are much more prepared for high school. IC does not have the means nor the faculty to provide kids with the education that they need. I wish I had never wasted my time with them.

Posted November 28, 2015
Immaculate Conception is a school that began with wonderful intentions but over time completely disintegrated into the horrible condition it is today. Academically it is poor. Your children are going to have a hard time competing with the other schools in the state. The over exhaustion of the Ukrainian culture is disgusting. I am a Ukrainian and I love a lot of aspects of my culture but the extent this school takes it to is obsessive. The bullying in this school is very real and the administration does nothing but turn a blind eye. I can see why so many people are attracted to this school. From the bombardment of false promises of higher levels of education to the propaganda like school love and advertisement can really make an individual be happily ignorant to the reality of the situation. Your child isn't going to be in a Ukrainian environment. Choosing a Catholic school is a private choice in itself but the excessive requirement of Ukrainian classes is unrealistic and useless. So many reviews state how the high school should reopen but the truth is this school will give your children a false understanding of the world and their future environments. Being a Catholic private school is beautiful but this academic establishment should also exemplify an understanding of diversity and respect. A school should unleash a child's mind not blockade it. Looking back at my experience, I would have been much better off going anywhere but IC. If you care and love your child, do them and yourself a favor and don't send them here.

Posted September 16, 2015
The thug and family mentioned in the April, 2015 review are gone, expelled, thankfully! Very good school. My daughters went to IC as well as myself and my mom. Very nurturing family-like environment.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 10, 2015
Students are assigned homework nightly as a way of reinforcing lessons learned in the classroom. I've never seen a teacher give it out as "busy work".

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
Students participate in regular social justice programs throughout the year -- the Giving Tree at Christmas (collecting clothing for the shelter), canned food drive, pet food drive, candy for soldiers, and more -- to help students LIVE Jesus' Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Love your neighbor as yourself."

Posted July 10, 2015
My kids have been here for several years. It's been a great place for them to learn and a great experience for us as parents. Everyone has been very friendly and the faculty/staff make a point to know each family. I've always felt they've listened to our concerns and addressed them in a way that met our child/ren's needs. The academics are very strong and my family can't get over how many "specialty" classes the kids have. It's great IC can still offer them when so many schools are making huge cuts. There are plenty of field trips to enhance classroom learning too. My kids are very proud to go to IC. They not only feel safe, but nurtured and encouraged.

Posted April 17, 2015
IC Schools condone bullying and protect bullies while ignoring victims. I have never seen an Administration so misguided on handling one of the nations most popular issues in schools. Do not allow your children to walk among disrespectful thugs who remain protected by Administration.

Posted July 24, 2014
This school forms friendships and contacts that will last a lifetime. A great school where your children will work hard in a catholic community. The multi-cultural environment is exceptional in this small school and learning a second language from day 1 is a bonus. The parents and families are very involved and really care. I highly recommend this exceptional school.

Posted April 30, 2014
The children thrive at this school. I would be reluctant to send my child to other schools in this area. I know most of the parents by sight and it is an excellent learning environment! The teachers are incredible and care about challenging the kids with making learning fun. The principal needs to be positive, a leader, and work more with the parents and community.

Posted April 30, 2014
We have been at IC for several years now and it is a great school. The parents and PTO is very involved and make a difference and really want to help the children. The small class size is wonderful! Would only change the principal.

29500 Westbrook Ave, Warren, MI  48092
Last modified Immaculate Conception Ukrainian Catholic Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-8