Warren, MI

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 10, 2015
Students are assigned homework nightly as a way of reinforcing lessons learned in the classroom. I've never seen a teacher give it out as "busy work".

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
Students participate in regular social justice programs throughout the year -- the Giving Tree at Christmas (collecting clothing for the shelter), canned food drive, pet food drive, candy for soldiers, and more -- to help students LIVE Jesus' Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Love your neighbor as yourself."

Posted July 10, 2015
My kids have been here for several years. It's been a great place for them to learn and a great experience for us as parents. Everyone has been very friendly and the faculty/staff make a point to know each family. I've always felt they've listened to our concerns and addressed them in a way that met our child/ren's needs. The academics are very strong and my family can't get over how many "specialty" classes the kids have. It's great IC can still offer them when so many schools are making huge cuts. There are plenty of field trips to enhance classroom learning too. My kids are very proud to go to IC. They not only feel safe, but nurtured and encouraged.

Immaculate Conception Ukrainian Catholic Schools 1

Posted April 17, 2015
IC Schools condone bullying and protect bullies while ignoring victims. I have never seen an Administration so misguided on handling one of the nations most popular issues in schools. Do not allow your children to walk among disrespectful thugs who remain protected by Administration.

Posted July 24, 2014
This school forms friendships and contacts that will last a lifetime. A great school where your children will work hard in a catholic community. The multi-cultural environment is exceptional in this small school and learning a second language from day 1 is a bonus. The parents and families are very involved and really care. I highly recommend this exceptional school.

Posted April 30, 2014
The children thrive at this school. I would be reluctant to send my child to other schools in this area. I know most of the parents by sight and it is an excellent learning environment! The teachers are incredible and care about challenging the kids with making learning fun. The principal needs to be positive, a leader, and work more with the parents and community.

Posted April 30, 2014
We have been at IC for several years now and it is a great school. The parents and PTO is very involved and make a difference and really want to help the children. The small class size is wonderful! Would only change the principal.

Posted April 30, 2014
I grew up in the public schools, so it was difficult to send my children somewhere and pay for school. I love the multicultural Ukrainian and American integrated environment and believe that is extremely important for my children to learn and appreciate this. In our electronic age and world without borders, this school teaches traditional values (and cursive - so many schools don't teach this anymore!), with some electronics. The electronics can always improve as are always changing, but right now the school tries to provide a good balance between technology and values. I would recommend this school to parents in the area.

Posted April 29, 2014
When we came to the United States, it was our dream to preserve our Ukrainian heritage while providing our children with the best education available. Without IC Schools, we would never have achieved our dream.

Immaculate Conception Ukrainian Catholic Schools 4

Posted January 01, 2014
Largest Class size is 24 :-) The priests, principal and teachers work hard to assure the children have a safe and highly motivating environment. It's understood that this is a Ukrainian Catholic school, and as such Ukrainian is a required 2nd language class. This is a great thing in today's diverse economy. Yet this school could be helped /grow if the administration /board would be more open to better balancing UK vs/ English activities such as school concerts, etc

29500 Westbrook Ave, Warren, MI  48092
Last modified Immaculate Conception Ukrainian Catholic Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception Ukrainian Catholic Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top