Bad
Good

I was not pleased with this school at all. My first grader attended this school in 2011. The school was very unorganized. My son had 3 teachers in one year!! As soon as he would get comfortable, the teacher would quit, get assigned to another classrom or they would put my son in another classroom. My child's report card had the same grades for each card marking. I tried to sign my son up to tryout for the basketball team and I was told to come back next week because the teacher could not find her permission slips, I came back next week to discover that it was too late and that tryouts had already begun . I could not wait for the year to be over so that I could take him out.

I enjoy the leadership of mr. Parker and his staff . They have done a good job with provding education and safety for my two kids.

I was a teacher at this school two years ago, and things that I experienced while 'teaching' at the Academy of Warren still bother me to this day. The staff was wonderful and the children were very special, unfortunately, poor administration has the power to ruin all of that. The principle, who I believe is still there, is completely out of touch. Comparing him to the principles I have worked with since my time at this school, I can not believe that he is running a school.

I went A.O.W for only my 8th grade year and it is awsome the teachers and staff help you with all kinds of problems. They teach very and its easy to learn because is a self-contained school. Itz also a business school. If I were you parents i would consider letting my child go there.

I like this school alot, and so do my children. My children are 4.0 students and have been since the start. I work closely with the teachers who teach my children and make sure they get what they need. My children also do not have behavioral problems. I am a proactive mom who encurages after school work, homework, and review. I started my children learning by the age 3 prior to entering pre school so they were well prpared when they started. I have had both private and charter experience and it really depends on the teacher, not so much the school, because I have seen bad teachers at good schools too. Alot of the problems are the parents, they just look to the teachers to teach their children and not re inforce whats going on or even check. The more active you are the better your child will be.

My son and daughter will be attending here for their 2nd year. When my daughter first came, she did not know how to read. She learned to read half way into the school year and I was absolutely amazed. She loves the school and all the teachers. My son (ADHD) struggled with math and reading, but his teacher Ms. Torres kept in contact with me the whole entire year and made sure that I was aware and updated with his progress or lack of. She enorlled him into tutoring & speech class, and summer school which he recieved a progress report at the end of the year in reading and math. my kids love this school and I am impressed with the level of concern nad attentiveness that the teachers demonstate. But the child also need the parent to be actively involved in order for the child to be successful.

Although there are many negative reviews of this young school, I have many positive things to say. Yes, many of the students have behavior issues and low learning levels, but it takes a lot of dedication and care to be able to handle these issues and succeed which is exactly what the staff at this school try to do. The teachers are abundantly caring and helpful and are willing to do whatever it takes to see that the students are prepared for the real world. This school offers tutoring, student council, sports, computers, music, ROTC, and entrepreneural skills training. I believe with more of the PARENTS help, this school can be successful. It's time to stop pointing the finger and look at ourselves. What are we doing to make a difference? I believe the teachers are doing everything they can to make a difference....now it's our turn.

My child has been in this school from K thru 2nd grade. I am very unsatisfied with the Administration and teachers. Neither in my opinion seem to care about the student anandospecial nee

My son in kindergarten this year and he is doing excellent. Starting his first year of school was hard because he was behind all other students in his class. He is really learning. My son is reading, writing complete sentences, spelling and starting complex math. True the school does not have a gym when we were in school we used the cafeteria as the gym. His teacher is excellent I recommend it to everyone. Two thumbs up.(handwriting of a third grader)

One of the best schools. They care about the education and the well being of the kids

Last modified Academy of Warren is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.