Posted May 12, 2014
My God Son attends this school and I have heard nothing but great things about the education here. He has excelled a great deal. He was already an exceptionally smart child. With the challenges that the teachers at Great Oak give him, I have not doubt that he is going to continue to do great.

Posted January 28, 2014
New to the neighborhood in 2012, my kids started out at Chatterton middle school and when I say since I transfer them to GREAT OAKS ACADEMY I have seen a major difference academically and far as their behavior.

Posted October 22, 2013
My school is Great Oaks Academy. This school has amazing academic scores every year!!!! Thank you

Posted September 12, 2013
This is m sons third year at Great Oaks academy, I love this school. My son has grown from day 1 at this school. He loves going to school everyday to learn, he comes home excited about his teacher and what he learned. The teachers are very decaded to teaching their students, they make sure each students understand and are able to complete assignments before moving to the next. Tutoring is recommanded if the teacher feels the student needs it. The staff is always visable outside assistanting students upon arrival and dismissle for their safety. It's said that it takes a village to teach a child, I feel that village is Great Oaks Acaddemy.

Posted August 22, 2013
This school offers a great curriculum for the students that really challenges them on a daily basis. I have seen a lot of growth from my children since they have been at this school. I welcome all parents that are looking for a great school to choose Great Oaks Academy as their first choice. The school always welcome the parents to get involved with activities involving the school, and have an open door policy.

Great Oaks Academy 4

Posted May 21, 2013
Great Oaks is a good school, but there is a high turnover of teachers. The principal is passionate, dedicated and extremely involved.

Great Oaks Academy 1

Posted December 15, 2012
i have left this school beacuse of the stupidy of the principle bu calling teh cops on me and i now go to Fitzgerald High School

Posted November 17, 2011
Great Oaks is a very good school, my daughter came from a bad school and I was afraid that she was going to be so far behind, but she is doing great with the help of her teachers, my daughter is very happy at this school and the communication at this school is GREAT. I not sure why Great Schools gave them a rating of 4 because they have helped my daughter so much she reading better and she wants to read more her speech is getting better from working with Great Oaks speech teacher this is a Great School and I would refer them to anyone. Signing of Happy mom of Great Oaks....Ms. Hill 2nd grade teacher Rocks!!!

Posted May 26, 2010
This school is great!! My 3 boys have attended this school for 4 years now. There cirriculum is challenging, and they keep you updated on all events. My phone is always ringing with an update of something from the school. I especially love the open door policy, where I can go visit my students at any time to review there progress. Most teachers are great, my husband and I have had real great response from Mrs. Kanfantaris and Mrs. Deboer they are great along with the Dean's, principal and teachers! Thanks Great Oaks Team!

Posted May 19, 2010
I moved both of my girls from a Blue Ribbon school in Warren Consolidated in 2010, and it is the best decision I have made regarding their education. GOA is extremely challenging, and really pushes every student to achieve. Teachers and deans are dedicated and caring. Most of them with school age children even have their own children attending the school. Mrs. Kafantaris and Ms. Hill go above and beyond. I love school uniforms. The principal is passionate, dedicated and extremely involved. I am so luck to have gotten my girls into GOA this year. They love it!!!!

Great Oaks Academy
4257 Bart Ave, Warren, MI  48091
Last modified Great Oaks Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Great Oaks Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews.