Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Indian Hills Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2016
Snooty staff, unprofessional, they talk about students and private issues in front of other students, staff and parents that don't need to hear or know about personal things. They threaten to take away Valentine's Day parties from a kid who isn't writing fast enough due to having a broken thumb. They don't really imply IEPs very well.

Indian Hills Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2011
We are new to this school. I immediately felt comfortable. The principal goes above and beyond for his students, and his secretary does so much. My son really likes going to this school!

Posted April 15, 2010
My son has attended Indian Hills for the last two grades. Mrs. Thompson and Mrs. Peters are great teachers. They have helped him so much through his work. I can see so much difference in his learning. The staff there is great. There are always there if the kids or parents need help.

Posted October 03, 2009
Mr. Smith is the most awesome principal. IH has great teachers and a family atmosphere.

Posted April 16, 2009
I can't say enough good things about her 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Carline. She is absolutely outstanding and my daughter just loves her and her new school! She attended a private school last year as well and we had an awful experience. I was very pleasantly surprised when she came here to Indian Hills. Mr. Smith, the principal, is very good at what he does and the staff are caring.

Posted January 18, 2008
My daughter has attended three schools in as many years, all in different states. As difficult as this can be, I have to say that my daughter loves going to school and being around the positive, motivating and caring staff at Indian Hills. It is very encouraging that the staff realizes that there is more to school than just teaching and homework. It is a very important social setting for our children and may I add their first real exposure to learning how to deal with varying situations. This exposure allows our children to learn from the choices they make and forms a strong foundation for the future. My daughter is now in third grade and loves going to school and learning new things. I would like to commend all the staff for their dedication, genuine caring, hard work and patience that they express each and every day. Thank You.

Indian Hills Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2006
This is the first year my daughter has attended Indian Hills. She is in the 5th grade and came from a private school. They are in their 3rd Semester and I've seen very little to be happy about. Homework is minimal (about a half-hour per day, twice a week). This school seems more concerned about students social interactions than with teaching them what they need to know in math, science, social studies, etc. Every week the school has some type of assembly, guest speaker that doesn't teach much at all, and a fundraiser pressuring the parents to 'support' their kids. This public school is proving to be a joke! Learning is secondary to fun and fundraising at this school. I expect teachers to teach academics, not waste my child's time with filling the day with mindless activities and yet collect approximately $7,000 a head. My tax dollars are not well spent.

Posted June 02, 2005
My first child started this year at Indian Hills, and to be honest I was hesitant about public schools in general and tossed around the idea of a private school. I have to tell you I was amazed with this school. It is a very family oriented school, the parent involvement is extremely high. The best part about the school is the outstanding principle he honestly treats all of us and our children like family. Every morning I drop my child off and he is outside greating the children and parents and wishing everybody a great day. The education so far has been awesome my son has scored high on his Gates test and I acredit that to his teacher. I have found my dream school and am so excited about sending all three of my children to Indian Hills.

8401 29 Mile Road, Washington, MI  48095
Last modified Indian Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.