Bad
Good

Powell Middle School 2

Posted January 12, 2016
Powell only has good teachers and staff and that's it. The athletics are terrible, recently the football team went undefeated but that's it. The food is terrible but it's not the cooks fault they are the best part of getting lunch. The food the cooks are given is just awful most students complain about the food you know when you see little kids pick at their food that's what the students do. Now the worst part about the school, The worst part is the walls the walls look like you took broken cement glued it on the walls. If you as so much bump the wall while walking you arm is really cut up. I've seen kids take pencils walk down the hallway and the pencil comes out not a pencil. Something that is not a part of the school's problem but is a big problem about the district is they don't call snow days it could be -15 and they would call school we could get a half of foot of snow they would call school. I understand they want as much school as possible but it's pretty annoying seeing 30 plus schools with no school and you having to go.

Posted December 18, 2014
The whole grading system is set for student to FAIL ,with 90% -10% . Students can't redo test and they are NOT allowed to have extra credit. When a student can't pass a test and are NOT allowed to retake it then how can they move to the next unit. There are some students that struggle or freeze up when test are given . How do they feeling knowing that they may have a good grade in the class and when they FAIL the test they JUST FAILED that class!!!!! So when you hear NO KIDS LEFT BEHIND it happens here's. They do get left BEHIND!!!BECAUSE IT SETS THEM UP TO FAIL.

Posted January 20, 2014
there are 2 math teachers you have to totally avoid if you want your child to learn math. Ms. Hart is the only math teacher that earns her keep and cares about the kids being able to grasp the concept but ms. braniff and ms. paloney have a lot to learn for sure! they need to go into ms. hart's class and learn a few skills on how to be a good teacher!

Posted September 16, 2013
This school is very ghetto.I know because i go there.the teachers curse you the kids curse too,and my one of my teachers come in the bathroom with us when we are taking too long ,his name is coach gray and we are girls and i think he shouldn't be doing that because what if one of us were undressed or something.so i think he should knock he just brusts in.the other thing is some teachers don't treat us with respect but they want it .It's a lot more things but these are the most problems im having i hope this gets around and things change. :) ( wish i could rate zero)

Posted August 22, 2013
Very happy with Powell middle school,nice teachers and staff,we never had any problem.There is nothing to complain about!

Posted September 11, 2012
I agree with the parent that posted on May 31, 2012. We had a horrible time at Powell. There were some good, caring teachers but the administration didn't seem to care one bit. We ended up moving our child to the Utica School District. In fact, my child has two other kids in his class that were also at Powell last year are with him at Utica this year. The staff at Utica have been wonderful and easy to contact. I enjoy walking into the school where staff smile and ask if you need any help, which is a complete contrast to Powell. I say if you can, do School of Choice and stay away from Powell!!!

Posted August 22, 2012
i am a student at Powell Middle School and i really like how the school isn't that big so its easy to get to one class to another. :) :) :)

Powell Middle School 4

Posted October 30, 2008
I am a 7th grade student at Powell Middle School. I think our school has good activities like ski club, which is my favorite! But our school could use some renavating but it is a good school. Some of the teachers are good and some are not, and i think alot of other students agree with that. But it is a pretty good school.

Posted March 16, 2008
My son begged to leave a christian school to come to Powell. We were aprehensive at first. However, the entire staff have been wonderful. My son had very weak writting skills but with the help of his teacher, he has progressed to average. This is a great school with a fantasitc staff.

Posted May 06, 2006
i loved this school and the teachers that go to this school i dont think there is one thing that they have to change about this school. my son loves it and i love it that is all that matters to me about a school

Powell Middle School
62100 Jewell Road, Washington, MI  48094
Last modified Powell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.