Bad
Good

I am consistently very impressed with the teachers at Pierce. There is great communication between teachers & parents. They strike a good balance between empowering kids to be responsible for themselves but also making parents aware of expectations & your child's progress.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The staff is top notch! They are very compassionate towards the student's education. Pierce teachers and support staff are the best!

The teachers and staff are awesome. My child received an excellent education and really loved her time at this school.

I have an 8th grader and an incoming 6th grader at Pierce. My oldest is a high achieving student and has been able to take advanced math in 6th grade & was able to get into an advanced math class a few weeks after 7th grade started when the administration realized they had enough kids who should be in advanced math rather than the regular class. In 8th he is able to take advanced math and advanced language arts in which he can receive credit towards high school. I am pleased that they have advanced courses available so that my son can be challenged. I am hoping we continue to have good experiences with my incoming 6th grader, he is smart but not quite an advanced learner and sometimes has needs more encouragement. We haven't had any trouble socially or with bullying, my older son says he doesn't really see it in the school.

My school is Pierce Middle School. I am very glad with the way they teach. My nephews are in 6th and 7th grade and they are very happy with the teacher they have. Great Shool.

Our son attended Pierce his 8th grade year because the school district had to close down Crary Middle School (where he had been attending previously). As a parent who attended Pierce when I was in middle school, I was pleased to see that the staff at Pierce is maintaining the high quality standards that were there when I was a student. The teachers we worked with were all great, and very good at communicating information. We valued the use of EdLine and Parent Portal so we could track our son's assignments and grades. Teachers were great at answering questions and getting back to us. The principal is dedicated to educating the students there in the best ways possible. I only wish that our State government would quite cutting funding to our schools so that all our district schools could provide more resources and programs. Pierce staff do a good job, and the PTSA at Pierce is invaluable and provides additional funding for programs for the staff/teachers. I encourage all parents to get involved at Pierce and volunteer to help the PTSA.

Pierce Middle School could pay more attention to the condition of the school and school grounds. I find the staff of teachers I have worked with so far to be very good. I am still trying to figure out if the school principal is enforcing the rules.

Pierce is an average school with average finances however the staff is excellent. In addition one would be hard pressed to find a school with more spirit. Pierce is also fortunate to have a superb PTSA and outstanding parent volunteer. Overall a really great school.

Pierce Middle School is tremendous. I am a seventh grade student here and I am willing to debate that my school as well as teachers are the best. The teachers here make sure that my classmates and I understand what we have been taught before they move on. The teachers are very courteous and helpful and get a lot of respect from other parents and students. Pierce is safe and I enjoy it here.

In my experience, the staff of Pierce middle school (and many other Waterford Schools) is the best kept secret in Michigan. I can not believe that the staff can do the wonderful job they do under questionable conditions. If you are looking for a school where your child will get great opportunities and a professional caring staff look no further.

Last modified Pierce Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.