Waterford Township, MI

Posted May 01, 2012
This is the second year at Schoolcraft for my children after Grayson closed. I think the staff is wonderful. My children are learning at their own level and I always get a prompt reply when I contact teachers. Sometimes the classes are large, but that's to be expected when the district has school closures. I feel that my children are very safe there. It's nice to know that people are not allowed to roam the building while the childen are in school, even at lunch and recess times. Any bullying concerns they bring up with staff are addressed immediately.

Schoolcraft Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2012
This school has a variety of good things going for it. My child started Fall 2011 in 2nd grade. Since then, I have noticed that hey have a number of programs for the children, a substantial library, and an orderly way about them. The bad part is the staff. I tried to visit my child at lunch, and was hurridly rushed out by the teacher, who proceeded to to eye me disapprovingly. The cafeteria staff were extremely rude, and although seats were available, did not allow me to sit with my child. The office remains yet to be useful, and has given me innacurate bus routes and vague instructions on how the buses are arranged. My child has also had bullying issues. I have called and confronted the teacher multiple times, with no results. There is little individual attention paid to the kids, and she "does not tolerate lying," and also plays favorites. My child is afraid to tell about the bullying because he knows she won't believe him. He has also been blamed for breaking things with no evidence or even background story, demanding we pay for it and none else (although other children have been involved in the stories told by my son and the teacher). I am very disappointed.

Schoolcraft Elementary School 3

Posted August 08, 2011
Schoolcraft Elementary has some programs that are excellent as they adapt to the children's academic needs, and attempt to grow with each child's strengths. This is due to their experienced and caring teachers. (Hence Blue Ribbon awarding) What they are lacking is a caring and supportive principal. Consistently she has chosen economics over more effective strategies despite teacher and parent requests. The current principal (2010-2011) even suggested my child may best be served in a home-school environment rather than provide services or deal with bullying issues. I can say the classes are too full causing more chaos and too little individual attention. It is true as I read in another review, that there is too little staffing for such large class sizes. Although I LOVE the teachers and support staff, there is only so much that can be done without a caring and supportive principal. As an experienced and involved mother of 3 children; I would heartfully recommend that you carefully check all other options before settling for Schoolcraft Elementary.

Schoolcraft Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2011
We've been pretty happy at Schoolcraft. We have 2 boys in lower El, so far the teachers have been great and the administration seems to be competent. They've improved the pick up and drop off procedure, teachers escort the kids to the cars instead of it being a free for all (which is what it was the first year we were there).

Schoolcraft Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2011
Starting in Fall of 2010, this school got the short end of the stick when Waterford School District closed some schools and reorganized student levels. As a result, this school has about 50% more students than before. While I can't speak for what it was like before Fall of 2010, I can say that now there is too much chaos, too little individual attention, the bad kids are getting away with too much, and way too little staffing for such a bulk-warehouse of kids. I'm hoping for the best, but because of this situation, I would recommend people send their kids elsewhere.

Posted May 03, 2010

Posted March 28, 2008

Posted December 01, 2006
Due to a move, my daughter was transferred here & was very nervous, as was I. She has a history of cornea ulcers & it has been a struggle to say the least in getting her two previous schools to cooperate in her care & work with us regarding this issue. In only the past couple months this school has shown so much support & compassion with my daughter & with us that I thank them from the bottom of my heart - especially the office staff - those women are the best! Also, because of my daughters injury & her self-consciousness her learning has suffered through the years - with the tremendous support & encouragement from the staff here, she is enjoying learning & doing very well. Thank you so much - this is a great school.

Schoolcraft Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2004

Posted December 07, 2004
The staff and administrator at this elementary school are exemplary. The support for the students is unanimous amoung both sectors of employees. I truely feel that the only way to make this school more effective would be to get more parents involved with classes, teachers, PTA, and school specials. A few parents do a great job, but I truely believe this school would be one of the finest in the Waterford Area if more parents would take an active role with this quality elementary school!

Schoolcraft Elementary School
6400 Maceday Drive, Waterford Township, MI  48329
Last modified Schoolcraft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schoolcraft Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top