Waterford Township, MI
Students enrolled: 1,260

Mason Middle School 1

Posted November 26, 2014
I HATE THIS SCHOOL. The staff tells the kids to Shut Up.The kids are rude and think that they can say anything they want. This school is a joke to any people of color....

Posted November 25, 2014
This school is awesome compared to elementary for my daughter. The principal listens and takes care of things right away. The staff is warm and caring (the ones I talk to anyway). I like the office staff. With the changes going on this year, the communication is a bit slow, but they acknowledge it is a problem and have come up with solutions to fix this. The only reason I did not give five stars is getting rid of the teacher teams. My daughter has an IEP and with teams of teachers, it makes it difficult to communicate and what I need to know as a parent. The SRT teacher is awesome and acknowledges it is difficult not having teacher teams. The only other thing I can say is lack of parent involvement when it comes to the PTA. They are warm and not cliquey at all and would like help and listens to your suggestions. Only a few parents come to the meetings, which is sad. As a previous reviewer said, it is great, but anything is great compared to the elementary experience my daughter had in upper el. If you are considering moving to Mason Middle School, do it. If you have concerns, contact the principal. He is amazing.

Mason Middle School 1

Posted May 26, 2013
I am a former student at Mason Middle School and this school was horrible. Teachers were horrible. Nothing but a bunch of ghetto kids go here.

Posted November 03, 2011
My family and I are planning on relocating to Waterford. Thanks for the comments they were helpful.

Posted May 05, 2005
I love this school. Teachers were always there for their students. My son personally struggled, but I always felt the teachers were there to back me up and encourage my child. This is one of the best schools in the district.

Posted November 27, 2004
- a former student
Stevens T. Mason Middle School is an excellent school. Having attended it for 2 years, I should know! Mason has excellent staff, students, education system, and extra-curricular activities! I would highly reccomend it to any school-searching family due to its many high points. Overall, I think that Mason is the school to go to if you want an education that has safety, good teachers, and most importantly, an education system that is far beyond any I have ever seen!

Posted August 21, 2004

Posted July 31, 2004
I am going into my 3rd year at mason, I think it is a great school in some ways but needs to improve in others. I think that the overall school is great its more of a community then a school. Teachers are great and help you with things that you don't understand by breaking it down step by step. There are also different levels of classes so you can learn at your own pace. They have many extra activitys not only for fun but to help all of Waterford. I think they need to improve more on teachers and students understanding each other instead of teachers acting as a higher power. I am proud of Mason and very happy I go there!

Mason Middle School 3

Posted June 16, 2004
Hi I'm a former student of Mason. I have to say the three years I spent there were horrible. There a lot of teasing goes on, but I guess thats how school is supposed to be. However the staff there was no help in any way. The counslors were never there to help you. The teachers would not even take a minute after class to listen to you. The higher staff and principal were more concerned about hall passes and Budget cuts than their own students. All of the staff seemed to be on the edge of walking out. The school bought new security cameras instead of pencils and paper that were really needed. But I cant say that every teacher was horrible because there were some that I have learned so much from. Oh and they seemed human too. Remember you cant hide from Mason pride because it's not there.

Posted April 12, 2004
I think Mason Middle School is exemplary. My daughter has attended here for 3 years. Teachers really care here. Her academic record, self-esteem and values have really grown. There is a lot of Parent-Teacher-Child involvement. Extra help is there for any student who needs it. It's more of a family feeling than a school - A family with structure. I really appreciate everything the school has done and what they stand for. They are always improving and are open to suggestions. There is a real spirit of cooperation here. I haven't been able to find that anywhere else. We have been lucky to be included in this school - It's true you, can't hide Mason pride!

Mason Middle School
3835 West Walton Boulevard, Waterford Township, MI  48329
Last modified Mason Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mason Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top