Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The LINK Crew at Kettering empowers students in a leadership role to help their fellow students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Students have access to the Acedemic Center each day where they have a chance to work on homework at school with teachers from all of the core subject available to help them should they need it.

There are many opportunities for students at Kettering, from AP classes to sports & clubs. The Robotics program is awesome, the football stadium is amazing and the Pool & Fitness center located here is an asset to our whole community. Our current principal is a champion for his students and the staff are supportive and knowledgeable. My son is thriving at this school and is happy to be there. The culture in the school is welcomong and supportive to students. They have the "LINK Crew", a team of leadership students from all different backgrounds who strive to help all kids succeed.

After attending here and graduating, I can say that it was a positive experience. Teachers are well educated and will offer help when you ask for it. As always there are some kids who are trouble, but hey that's high school for you. Very safe and positive environment.

This is our second year at Kettering and we are having a great experience. There are Honors & AP classes that challenge my student to be the best he can as well as a large number of clubs to choose from. The atmosphere at the school is very welcoming and friendly and the teachers truly enjoy teaching my child. So glad we gave Waterford Schools a chance because we have not been disappointed. Love Kettering!

Waterford Kettering High School: Great school, great teachers and staff. Trying to get into the school (as in the morning)? HORRIBLE! When are they going to do something about the entrance? This has been going on for years. If there were ever an incident at the school (God forbid) where an evacuation was required it would be pure chaos!! Parents would be fighting each other to get in with no way out, not to mention emergency services with the situation with the two lane entrance. Then, after dropping off your child at school, getting out is as much of an ordeal as getting in. I don't even encounter this much back up on Telegraph Rd!! I ask you, when in the world are you going to find a solution?!

Waterford Kettering is slightly below average. I formerly attended this high school and went on to be a moderately successful engineer, but could not even get accepted at Michigan State with a 3.5 GPA and 26 on my ACT from this school. After some work am now going to UM Ann Arbor for my Master's. Their math and science classes were a mixed bag (some good teachers and some bad). The Language arts and history teachers were worthless. My foreign language classes (german) were great!

Not impressed at all with Waterford School District. The middle school passed my child that was suspended 3/4 of the school year, half of which was consecutive. How do you pass a child that was not even in school?

I would like to say thanks for the information good and bad to review. I'm in the middle of moving back downstate around the Waterford area and one of my biggest struggles is finding the right school that will fit my son's needs. This is his first year attending High School. He has a mild case of Autism and has a hard time remembering things. My only wish is that whatever school he attends I hope the teachers will be patient and give him the time and learning he deserves.

This school is the worst ever! the teachers teach you nothing!

Last modified Waterford Kettering High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.