Bad
Good

Racist comments? Is that a joke? Test scores have dropped at Waterford Mott. There has been a substantial influx of Pontiac students. Where do you get racism in those observations? You want clean and modern? Go to Starbucks. We need to improve test scores at Mott.

The racist comments here are making me sad. My kids attend Mott and it is clean and modern. The teachers and principal are involved, the grounds are kept clean, and the new sporting facilities are excellent. I have never seen anything even resembling a gang member and think some people are letting their imaginations run wild.

2 of my kids attended Waterford Mott HS and I was very pleased with the quality of their education. It's always what you put into it and my kids worked very hard. One is in Grad school to be a Nurse Practitioner, works in the ER at St. Joseph's Pontiac, and the other is finishing up at U of M nursing school, also planning on Grad school. They participated in varsity sports, had many friends of all cultures and races. Was a great high school experience for both. Tired of all the negative comments.

I am a student at Waterford Mott I came from walled lake school district where all this kids are spoiled rotten coming to WMHS was the best choice I ever made its the real world with real people not spoiled little brats that get everything they want WMHS is a diverse school and I love it the teachers do the best they can offering help when needed so to all the people that downgrade Mott you need to take a better look LONG LIVE MOTT - LKU

People may say that Waterford Mott H.S. sucks and that everyone there are druggies. I just became a sophomore at Mott (class of 2016!) and I honestly love it there. I do not see what is so bad about Mott. Not everyone there is bad, I have plenty of friends that I would trust with my life. You cannot judge a school by a few people that have had bad experiences. Take it from me, I am excited to be a Waterford Mott graduate in the next 2 years. I have had great teachers so far. Yes they yell, yes they get made, but that is only because some people don't listen, but that doesn't mean everyone won't listen. The teachers there just want their students to go far in life. People need to understand that. I am proud to be a Waterford Mott High School corsair :) I'm in my second year at Mott and I still don't so drugs & drink. People will never influence me. Most of the time they don't influence everyone else. We have minds of our own. We are not stupid & uneducated. I would love if all the hate towards Mott would end. Thank you :) ~ SMK

Alright so I just spent the past few minutes reading how Mott H.S. "sucks". I am currently a junior here at the high school ((2014 :D )) and I personally love it. Yes I took into accounts that those posts were years ago but Mott is a great school. Yes there is a lot more students, and you know what? That's stressing out the teachers. If you have a problem with the way they teach, talk to them about it, don't just ignore them and expect to 1. not get in trouble for not doing your work and 2. to automatically know everything and blame teachers when you fail a test. All I ever hear is how Mott is a horrible school and how we should all leave and go to other schools. Well if all these bad students changed and started acting more respectful, we wouldn't have problems at Mott. Sure it's not the perfect school with the perfect students and perfect teachers, but no school is. There are plenty of worse schools out there than Mott so stop dogging on it. Stop only looking at the bad things that have happened and look at all of the positives that occurred because of the school. I can honestly say that I love going here to Mott High School and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. ~J.L.F.

I worked at Mott for two years and couldn't wait to get out. The students were so disrespectful and undisciplined. I had to fight with students constantly just to get them to do their work. I now work at a much nicer district and couldn't be happier.

I went to Waterford Mott my Freshman year of high school and it was horrible. The city over, Pontiac closed down one of their high schools and Waterford Mott opened up as a school of choice. Pontiac brought all of its gangs and destructive students into Waterford. Luckily my parents put me into private school after my freshman year because from everyone I have known that still goes there says it has gotten MUCH MUCH worse. There are some teachers there that are worthwhile but for the most part they provide a poor education.

My daughter attended Mott her freshman year and was physically bullied to point that we had to take her to the hospital to get testing. The administration sent her to "peer mediation" to see what she could do differently. She was being injured for showing up! Her whole demeanor changed, and we ended up moving out of the district to get away from Mott. Some teachers were good, but it's not a safe place.

Though the funding is extremely low, Waterford Mott's teachers are excellent, the students have high test scores, and both show pride in their school, which students note is becoming more "ghetto" in appearance. Mott has excellent student programs, such as Positive Peer Influence (PPI), and the Anti-defamation League (ADL), which promote peace among students, and among people in general. I personally take pride in having attended this school due to the rich diversity of the students, and the heartfelt effort that the staff puts into their work. I am a proud alumni of Waterford Mott High School; I learned so much at "the ghetto school with all the black kids and Mexicans and foreigners...those awful kids who get in fights all the time." Ps. We don't.

Last modified Waterford Mott High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.