Waterford Township, MI

Posted September 02, 2014
We decided to try OLL for a year while deciding whether / where to move. Our expereince in the first 2 months made it very easy to put roots down very close to the school. Today is the start of our 3rd year as part of the Laker family, and I couldn't be happier sending my kids there.

Posted January 17, 2014
I moved my son to this school half-way through kindergarten last year because I was not happy with the environment he was in. Someone said to me, "They grow them up too fast in public school.", and I couldn't agree more. At the time, I had an innocent 5 year old and I wanted to keep him that way for as long as possible. I have since been very pleased with the environment at Lakes. Education is very important, but so are the development of morals and character. There is a family atmosphere here and I am so glad I made the switch. If you are like me, and want to keep your child a child for as long as you can, I highly recommend Our Lady of the Lakes. They will provide quality education and assist in the development of young men and women with high standards of moral conduct and character.

Posted June 15, 2012
Our daughter has been attending OLL for 4 years. She originally attended another private Christian school and she didn't want to go back after kindergarten, which to me is crazy because all kids love kindergarten. When we walked into OLL for our tour she looked at me and said "this is where I want to go, everyone is so nice here". Our home church is Lutheran and with that being said, I wasn't sure if there would be an issue of acceptance of our daughter coming from a different church while attending a school with the majority of the children being members of OLL. This was surely not the case and she has been accepted with open arms by the staff and her peers. I am sure this has been accomplished by the amazing efforts of the teachers, principals, and the overall good nature of the families. Academically our daughter has excelled in reading, writing and math and the teachers at OLL recognize all of their students accomplishments and help them in many ways to harness their abilities to learn. It has been an amazing 4 years and I wouldn't change a thing. Our Lady of the Lakes is an amazing school.

Posted March 17, 2012
I transferred to OLL mid-year in 11th grade, which is not an ideal time to change schools, but I had gone through a horrible 1st semester at Clarkston H.S. (after moving from Ohio in August of that school year). How I wish I could have started at Lakes! The semester at Clarkston was awful; I had never been around such mean classmates in my life, and as a result, my grades dropped, and for the very 1st time, I hated going to school. My parents and I visited OLL to see what it was like, and felt it would be the perfect place for me to transfer. When I started school there, it truly was a perfect fit. The students noticed I was new and were very welcoming and nice to me. I remember a senior saying I had a nice smile and asking why I always walked with my binder hiding my face. Imagine that; a compliment! I hadn't realized it, but in that one semester at Clarkston, I was so used to kids telling me how ugly I was and making fun of my acne, that I tried to hide my face as much as possible and it had become routine. I am so grateful that my parents let me transfer to OLL, especially since they weren't making much money. I found that If you help your parish, they will help you!

Posted October 28, 2011
I have been a part of this community for over 25 years - with 3 kids that went to Lakes K-12 -graduating and moving on to college, often times I could not scrape two dimes together and the comment about being kicked out or tuition being raised by the priest is crazy - If anything the community goes above and beyond to help families stay at Lakes. I have also been involved not as a teacher but a parent and can tell you after being involved for 20 years while my children attended Lakes- teachers are toughest on their own children - I challenge you to find a private school (or a public for that matter) that does not have teacher's children in the school and in their class from time to time- I can tell you those teachers are some of the most vested and loyal educators. Our Lady of the Lakes helped me develop 3 great kids that are growing to be assets to society and our community.

Posted April 01, 2011
This school provides a positive Christian environment, the teachers as well as the administration care deeply for the kids. The curriculum, while in line with Christian values, is well rounded and each child's skills are accounted for. The school community is so warm and wonderful, I have seen children thrive who may have not done so else where. I am not a teacher, but a parent who spent much time researching this school. I am also on campus 3 to 4 days a week. There are two kindergarten teachers, by the way, and they do a fabulous job, as well as every other teacher I have encountered in this school. Come take a tour of our school, don't believe a few bad reviews, contact our administration and bring your child to shadow our school for a day, see what they say about it instead. May God go with you...

Our Lady Of The Lakes Catholic School 2

Posted February 03, 2011
Last review was corrrect, teachers have thier own kids in their classroom. Not fair to the other students. My kids were there for three years until we felt bled dry by the school and church. The priest will kick you out of the parrish or charge you a hefty increase in tuition if you do not contribute enough money. The kindergarten class has 29 kids in it. Who would pay for this?

Our Lady Of The Lakes Catholic School 1

Posted January 07, 2011
I have to make a comment after reading these reviews... the ones that are signed by parents, also happen to be teachers at the school! When my child was there almost all of her teachers had their own child in the same classroom. That is nuts

Posted October 03, 2009
Excellent well rounded education. Great atmospere for students.

Posted July 10, 2009
I have a 'gifted' IQ and I currently attend this school. Overall, the school's current academics are exceedingly well against the public schools in the area. Compared to local private schools, though, Lakes tends to fall to average level. However, keep in mind when choosing a school that Lakes has a much lower tuition than local private schools. If you're looking for a great education with plenty of social and extracurricular opportunities that won't break you, this is a good choice for you. Also note that starting with the class of 2011 there are stricter science and math requirements.

Our Lady Of The Lakes Catholic School
5495 Dixie Highway, Waterford Township, MI  48329
Last modified Our Lady Of The Lakes Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Our Lady Of The Lakes Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top