Burt Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
The principal at this school needs to be evaluated. There is no school culture, she avoids issues and confrontation. She allows bullying to go on in her school. She cares about the bottom line - not the kids.

Posted September 16, 2009
I am a parent of two girls that attend Burt Elementary School. We all love that we can just walk through our neighborhhod to go to school. The Principal and school staff are all very friendly & helpful and the girls have made outstanding friends as well as grades attending here!

Burt Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2009
This school has transformed a lot since my youngest son started going here, but I see it going in the right direction. My children love their teachers and I notice them enjoying school. If I drop the kids off, the teachers are very helpful and always say hi to me. It feels like a good place to be, and I'm happy that my kids go here. My middle child had some trouble with her reading grades, but has gotten a lot better with the teachers help. I think there doing good things over there.

Posted April 14, 2009
Burt is truly an AWESOME place to learn and to grow. I have never in my life been encountered by such a rewarding class of students. I am always kept on my feet. I give and give because Burt students want and want to grow and learn. I love the passion I see in my students. Every day is full of rewards and the strive for excellence. I will never give up on a student. I am kept alive by the challenges of my students. My day never ends. I come in at 6:30 - 7am every morning and I go to sleep after midnight most nights planning and altering my instructional delivery for my next days goals. There is no better student than a Burt student.

Posted February 05, 2009
Burt lacks the knowledge and experience of teaching children from different cultures. It's improper and lazy to expect 30 children to learn one way. The school facility has the technology and capabilities to reach children with different types of learning forms, but lacks the enthusiasm and concern of the principle and most faculty to go that extra mile to reach our children. If children came to school cut from the same mold this would be a perfect learning enviroment. But children are not made the same and shouldn't be taught that way.Children come from different backgrounds, different learning capabilities and different learning experiences which should be taken into account. When truely trying to reach children in a manner that will help them to learn and grow in the best possible way, all types of learning should be tried instead of ignored based on a teachers desired work load for the day.

Burt Elementary School
581 South Winding Dr, Waterford, MI  48328
Last modified Burt Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burt Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.