K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Waterford, MI

Posted June 13, 2011
We tried it this year (2010-2011) we will NEVER return to this joke of a facility. Poor communication, Hostile environment, and Poor Performance all around. I would not recommend this school to anyone. We pre-paid for many events, equipment, and activities and when they were not able to go through, they kept our money with a simple, No money back policy...???? What school does this??? My Son Was Miserable almost from day one. I learned they reward for not fighting, not talking back, and not being hostile...What is that? Reward children for just using common sense...I am appalled at the low expectations of this school.

Posted January 12, 2009
This is our 3rd year here. The first year was not quite as good as these last two have been. The Principal and Dean of Students have brought in soccer and cross country to add to our extra curricular sports. Our Principal is also responsible for getting our children Study Island, Brain Pop, Brain Pop Jr. (Spanish versions also) to help in their educational process. All classrooms have Smart Boards in their classrooms which provides interactive use. Homework is sent home daily to help hone their skills. So far, we are very happy with everything that is happening here. We plan on staying till our children are promoted to high school.

Posted January 09, 2009
We have going to this school for 6 yrs now it has had its ups and downs but my son spent 4 yrs in pontiac schools and it was horrible. Every school has problems but they have to be delt with. Are school the past year and ahalf has great improvement and as long as we all work together instead of against eachother we can all make a big difference for our children to learn and grow. This is the only school my daughter has ever been to she is very bright. This school year we have new staff and they are doing great.As a parent the problem I see is that parents sign agreements to help sometimes,and that they know we are uniform based school and some dont want to follow the rules. But as parents we should start making a point to have our children start following the rules.

Posted December 19, 2008

Posted October 17, 2008

Academy Of Waterford 0

Posted October 15, 2008
This is a terrible school to send your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter went and there was no home work given, the teacher stated she rather do hands on in class and that the home work method doesn't work. The communication is Terrible!! The orginal Kindergarten teacher quit before school started her teachers aid then took her place who also quit 5 weeks later, the parents were never notified I found out through needing to speak with the teacher but she wasn't avaliable, so I had to ask more questions which led to she quit. There curriculm isn't listed online, nor documented for your review the secretary said the principal would be happy to explain it to you if you come up to the school. I can go on and on but I think you get what I'm saying Please don't send your child here go to Public!!! My child is gone!

Academy Of Waterford 2

Posted June 12, 2008

Posted May 02, 2008
My child went to this school. The adminastration was great. My problem is with CSAS. My child was on the stage for 8 months even while gym was going on. It was noisy and they could not concentrate on there studies. The board members always told us from Sept thru Feb. that portables was coming every month but they never came. In Feb they were delivered but it took another 2 months before the kids were in them. CSAS only cares about the money part. They will tell you what you want to hear. The straw broke when they replaced the principal for no reason. I believe if it isn't broken don't fix it. I believe all they want is our money.

Posted March 15, 2008
Those of you that have left are really missing out. The school building has had a lot of work done this year. You can walk through and see the floors shining like a new penny. The maintenance that started at the beginning is continuing to improve. You have to remember that the building is an old building and that the only way to get one that looks like Walton Academy is to tear down the old and build a new one. Don't think that will happen! The teachers and staff have continued to improve in so many ways! The Principal and the Dean of Students have been able to minimize the disruptions that have occurred in past years with behavior. There is always room for improvement but everyone is always looking for ways to make learning fun and creative for the kids at all levels of learning.

Posted February 01, 2008

Academy Of Waterford
3000 Sashabaw Rd, Waterford, MI  48329
Last modified Academy Of Waterford is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of Waterford Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top