PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have two children that attend St. Mary and, in all honesty, I couldn't be happier. The small class sizes and amazing teachers and staff are preparing my kids for a wonderful and successful future. From as early as preschool, the education that St. Mary provides is phenomenal. I love the sense of family and community that the school and parish offer as it really does take a village to raise children. My children also benefit from the amazing diversity found at the school that includes families from all walks of life and from around the world. It really is a wonderful school and community and I would highly recommend this school.

There are some exceptional teachers at this school. The entire school has a family feeling to it which makes it very easy to leave my children there every morning. I know they are cared for by the staff, not just as students, but as people. The IOWA test scores from St. Mary are mostly above grade level (with a very few at grade level.) It's a very special community and I'm so glad my children can get a quality academic education while also learning to be productive Catholic citizens.

St. Mary of Wayne is an absolutely phenomenal school and church community. The staff are so friendly and courteous. They really value strong Catholic beliefs and teach the kids how to live morally through Christ. The St. Mary CYO is one of the best organizations my family has been a part of. A strong sense of community. I graduated 5 years ago and my dad attended here. Every time we go back we instantly recognize just about everyone. FANTASTIC SCHOOL!!!

We have 2 boys attending St. Mary, one in Middle school, and one in Elementary. This is the most wonderful educational institution I have ever been associated with. The teachers are very caring, high academic standards that are proven with the excellent results in the Iowa tests, and overall a great place for your children to excel intellectually and spiritually. You will not be disappointed.

I am so glad I made the decision to send my daughter here. This is her third year at St. Mary's and she has continued to thrive. The small class sizes allow for a more individualized approach to learning which is great for kids just starting out. The things my daughter has absorbed over the last couple years is astonishing! She began reading early into kindergarten and hasn't looked back. While the demands of a private school can be a challenge, the rewards far outweigh the sacrifices. I would highly recommend this school.

Could not be happier with this school for my children. The teachers and families are a wonderful community for learning.

Just a thought....perhaps the teachers should spend less time on Facebook during the day and actually teaching....Facebook is great, but during the actual activity and showing the kids - very interesting......also perhaps not friending "us" parents may help as well! Hmmmmmm, just a though!

Best thing we did was leave this school! If you are in the "in" crowd with some administrators than your child will be fine. Make sure you watch who you question or upset - especially in the lunch room area! Should have left sooner!

Academically superior!! Staff wonderful!! The best money I spent was investing in the future of my 5 Grandchildren!

Best thing we did was move schools. We are now blessed to have our child at a school where they are challenged and encouraged to think outside of the box, something that was never permitted in several grades at this school, in particular the 4th grade.

Last modified St. Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8