West Bloomfield Township, MI

Walnut Creek Middle School 3

Posted January 20, 2012
Academically the school is great, concerns are that issues brought up by students and parents are not addressed but seem to always get dismissed.

Posted September 02, 2008
My autistic son is going in 8th grade this year, and his brother in 6th. I've found this school to be top of the line for help, resources, and I love the SNAP program that teach mainstream kids to understand about special needs kids. Everyone gets a win-win from this type of environment.

Walnut Creek Middle School 4

Posted June 06, 2008
My last one has just finished here. Good experiences. If I had filled this survey out 7 months ago, it would have been different. They have gotten a new VP, Mrs. Rendi who seemed to change the mood of the entire school. She was able to get the principal to loosen up some. Kids love her. Too bad the bad apple she replaced is going on to Northern. Teachers have been encouraging and caring. Will miss this school but love Northern so all is well.

Posted September 06, 2007
I came from W. Bloomfield to Walled Lake. They made transition smooth by finding out what the child likes, what he needs for support, and what courses he needed to fill for that grade. So from 6th and 7th grade (this year) I only have high praise. Bob B from AI works wonders with special needs children (My son is Autistic).There is LapTop Program|SNAP|Summer School all there to help. (AI Resources needs donation of a treadmill to continue special requirements for the kids, if you want to get a tax write off). So I don't understand why anyone would write negative about such an excellent school! But it does take PARENT involvement (only you know your child best), they will do their best on their end to make it a WIN|WIN situation for all. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 28, 2007
I can't believe that there were negative comments associated with this school. My son just completed 7th grade and has grown leaps and bounds academically. There are those teachers better than others, but overall I have no complaints. The english curriculum( especially Mrs Graham) at this school is remarkable; not only teaching grammar and sentence structure but emphasis on descriptive and detailed essays. The band teacher is superior as well. There is not a great deal of parental involvement here- but this is a Middle School-not an elementary school. Kudos to the way they keep parents informed.....Progress reports are sent home regularly. I am very please with Walnut Creek and quite honestly am surprised at some of the negative commentaries above. This is a great school!

Posted July 10, 2006
My children have attended Walnut Creek, and did exceptionally well here. The staff and administration go overboard to keep parents informed of student progress. The vocal music program at Walnut Creek is a joy to have my children in.

Walnut Creek Middle School 2

Posted March 05, 2005
I had a student sail through this school, not because she has high academic quality, just middle of the road. She was a rule follower and had anxiety levels and teachers that were able to achieve success. I am sure there are many good teachers in the building but there is something wrong at this school. If you do not have a child that does not fit the mold then you are out of luck. I have talked to many employees of the district, administrators of the district, and parents from many present and past years. I hear nothing but negative, especially about the principal, Joan Heinz. I have never had a problem with any teacher in the district (PLE) I wish I could say the same for this boot camp and can't wait for high school. My daughter loves Central H.S. and claims WNC are way overboard. Unhappy!

Walnut Creek Middle School 1

Posted January 27, 2005
The benchmark system is not acceptable. It's geared for the meaps and not the students learning level. The school dosen't care about the children only about the benchmark scores and meap scores. They need to teach test taking and studying techniques not the gestapo style of no going to your locker if you forget something and nothing to eat if your hungry. This should be a place of learning not a mititary prison.

Walnut Creek Middle School 3

Posted December 22, 2003
Overall the school is a nice school. Most of the teachers appear to be supportive and caring to the students. The principal needs to be aware that subtle bullying does occur in her school. She also needs to worry less about the physical appearance of her school and more about the well being of all of her students. The school has some really positive potential and some really good staff and they need more say in the way things are handled.

Walnut Creek Middle School
7601 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield Township, MI  48323
Last modified Walnut Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Creek Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top