Posted August 16, 2014
Best school private or public. You will not find a better teaching staff or principal. I researched and hard numerous meeting before selecting Gretchko. Iam coming from a mom and teacher opinion. I have two little ones passing through and would not trade this place for a million bucks!! You know they are safe and being taught well well well!!

Posted May 15, 2014
This school is wonderful. I can't imagine giving my children a better start to their academic career than what the staff at Gretchko provides. The school is extremely well managed and friendly, and the entire staff is just so enthusiastic about educating these kids.

Posted November 16, 2010
We are having a wonderful Kindergarten experience at Gretchko - an approachable, funny, long-experienced teacher, lots of wonderful character principles being fostered such as respect, "bucket-filling," and altruism... Loved that we as parents and our child had to discuss and sign an anti-bullying policy - what a great way to open discussion on this detrimental subject! Numerous ways for parents to get involved, many creative activities and special days, easy communication via website/newsletters, emails, progress reports, lunch money pay online... We are grateful for an excellent 1st public school experience so far! :)

Posted April 26, 2010
We love Gretchko! The facilities are amazing, colorful, and conducive to exploration and learning. The teaching staff is top-notch and committed to enriching extracurriculars like Math Pentathlon, Music and Chinese Language and culture. The K-1st grade format keeps the little ones apart from bigger kids for their very first school experience; and focuses on reading, math preparedness and helping them develop good school learning and social skills. I used to pay tuitiion at Bloomfield Hills and tried Gretchko through the West Bloomfield Schools of Choice program, and we could not be happier. Thank you, Gretchko!

Gretchko Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2010
I'm not sure how to rate this school, since my children haven't attended others. I think that people's experiences really are variable, perhaps depending on the teacher. One thing - if you have a visceral response (positive or negative) to Stephen Covey, you should know that his son's writing is a very integral part of the curriculum.

Gretchko Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2009
Gretchko is a Blue Ribbon school thanks to hard work on the part of the Principal Sally Drummond and alot of others!

Posted May 28, 2009

Gretchko Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2009
I have two daughters in the West Bloomfield school district, however only one of them attended Gretchko. As a result I am in a good position to compare the kindergarten and 1st grade with other schools. While the facilities at the school are very good, I was highly disapppointed in the overall quality of education. The teachers do not challenge the children at all, and the school seems to be geared towards the lowest of the lowest common denominator. 1st graders are taught what my daughter had learnt in Pre-K at her previous schools. If I had known any better, I would much rather have not wasted a complete academic year of my child at that school.

Gretchko Elementary School 0

Posted May 01, 2009
The entire school district is fabulous. I have had excellent experiences with the teachers and principal of Gretchko. They have been responsive quickly to situations and requests. I couldn't be happier.

Gretchko Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2009

Gretchko Elementary School
5300 Greer Road, West Bloomfield Township, MI  48324
Last modified Gretchko Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-1
Gretchko Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top