Bad
Good

Amazing school with the most dedicated and incredible staff! The curriculum is top-notch and includes Chinese and STEAM. Best early elementary school in Oakland County!

Gretchko is a fantastic school for our fantastic kids! My daughter is reading above grade level, and the well rounded education and principals is the best of the best! When speaking with my friends and family who have children in other schools, they are very impressed with my daughter's education and knowledge. The school is way ahead of the game with its curriculum. I can't say enough great things about the teachers and staff, and Principal!

Gretchko is an AMAZING school! Sally has done a wonderful job building a community school. Parents are welcome to help and participate as much as they are able. The PTO is awesome. The teachers are fantastic. The STEM efforts are like no other. One of the best schools I have ever been a part of. I am a teacher and I have worked in several schools surrounding the district, none of the others compare.

Best school private or public. You will not find a better teaching staff or principal. I researched and hard numerous meeting before selecting Gretchko. Iam coming from a mom and teacher opinion. I have two little ones passing through and would not trade this place for a million bucks!! You know they are safe and being taught well well well!!

This school is wonderful. I can't imagine giving my children a better start to their academic career than what the staff at Gretchko provides. The school is extremely well managed and friendly, and the entire staff is just so enthusiastic about educating these kids.

We are having a wonderful Kindergarten experience at Gretchko - an approachable, funny, long-experienced teacher, lots of wonderful character principles being fostered such as respect, "bucket-filling," and altruism... Loved that we as parents and our child had to discuss and sign an anti-bullying policy - what a great way to open discussion on this detrimental subject! Numerous ways for parents to get involved, many creative activities and special days, easy communication via website/newsletters, emails, progress reports, lunch money pay online... We are grateful for an excellent 1st public school experience so far! :)

We love Gretchko! The facilities are amazing, colorful, and conducive to exploration and learning. The teaching staff is top-notch and committed to enriching extracurriculars like Math Pentathlon, Music and Chinese Language and culture. The K-1st grade format keeps the little ones apart from bigger kids for their very first school experience; and focuses on reading, math preparedness and helping them develop good school learning and social skills. I used to pay tuitiion at Bloomfield Hills and tried Gretchko through the West Bloomfield Schools of Choice program, and we could not be happier. Thank you, Gretchko!

I'm not sure how to rate this school, since my children haven't attended others. I think that people's experiences really are variable, perhaps depending on the teacher. One thing - if you have a visceral response (positive or negative) to Stephen Covey, you should know that his son's writing is a very integral part of the curriculum.

Gretchko is a Blue Ribbon school thanks to hard work on the part of the Principal Sally Drummond and alot of others!

I have two daughters in the West Bloomfield school district, however only one of them attended Gretchko. As a result I am in a good position to compare the kindergarten and 1st grade with other schools. While the facilities at the school are very good, I was highly disapppointed in the overall quality of education. The teachers do not challenge the children at all, and the school seems to be geared towards the lowest of the lowest common denominator. 1st graders are taught what my daughter had learnt in Pre-K at her previous schools. If I had known any better, I would much rather have not wasted a complete academic year of my child at that school.

Last modified Gretchko Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-1